• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beach Bum

Reaction score
Thanks all who responded re my Promontory Point inquiry. Definitely keeping them, looking forward to getting use out of them for Chicago winters to come.

Zombie, sweet analysis you shared. I prefer the 8 last to the wolverine.

Funny thing is I tend to think some lasts from AE are a bit bulkier than I like. Especially compared to Euro counterparts. Here there is a narrower sleeker last that I like yet others on AE's review page complain it's too narrow. Go figure.

Cromweld

Reaction score

Recent acquisition from my local Allen Edmonds store, Shell Leeds. These were labeled as burgundy but clearly are not

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Recent acquisition from my local Allen Edmonds store, Shell Leeds. These were labeled as burgundy but clearly are not
They are in fact Burgundy, however there are always variations in the shell color.
They look great. Enjoy them.

Cromweld

Reaction score
It is interesting how much variation there can be in the shell, I feel that these shoes could almost pass for alden's color 4 cordovan.

I was very excited to pick up what I thought to be a fairly rare color of shell.

Scottyb06

Reaction score
Wearing one from my 2/299 haul earlier this week. Love the indy leather, very soft and doesn't need anytime to break in. Very excited about finally figuring out my size in the 3 last.
Got mine earlier in the week. They look MUCH darker than the brown in your pic (lighting?). Despite receiving an EEE width instead of the E that I ordered I was able to make them work with a tongue pad. Heel pads don't seem necessary yet but we'll see. I did try on an E and it was PERFECT. I can't really complain given the price. Agreed about the leather quality - it really is "glove soft"!

YoungSweet

Reaction score

Got mine earlier in the week.  They look MUCH darker than the brown in your pic (lighting?).  Despite receiving an EEE width instead of the E that I ordered I was able to make them work with a tongue pad.  Heel pads don't seem necessary yet but we'll see.  I did try on an E and it was PERFECT.  I can't really complain given the price.  Agreed about the leather quality - it really is "glove soft"!

You re right, a bit of lighting. They are a lot darker than the regular AE dark brown. However, I hit them with a light coat of reno and they seem to lighten up a bit

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Double Eagles on the green this morning. Unfortunately only one eagle for the day.

a2use5yd.jpg

The AE golf socks are a little tall.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is interesting how much variation there can be in the shell, I feel that these shoes could almost pass for alden's color 4 cordovan.

I was very excited to pick up what I thought to be a fairly rare color of shell.
As I would be also, those look fantastic! Congrats on your new shell Leeds.

StephenB

Reaction score
Anyone notice the Rutledge shoes soak up everything? Water instantly, polish there's none to buff off after it gets in there, conditioner darkens the shoes for days. Anyways because the shoe doesn't bead of anything it's picked up NYC street grime too easy.

YoungSweet

Reaction score

Anyone notice the Rutledge shoes soak up everything? Water instantly, polish there's none to buff off after it gets in there, conditioner darkens the shoes for days. Anyways because the shoe doesn't bead of anything it's picked up NYC street grime too easy.

What color?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've had difficulty with Mine as well. A very light application of Reno removed nearly half of the burnishing. Additionally, it looks as if flakes of color finishing are falling off in the creases. :(

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excellent PTBs. I've actually seen several AE burgundy shell make-ups patina/change and lighten to this color. I love it!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads