1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

Looks like they got their inspiration from the Edward Green Windsor: http://uptowndandy.blogspot.com/2011/07/vintage-edward-green-john-hlustiks.html

The Windsor is a blucher, but John Hlustik (one time owner of Edward Green) came up with the design concept.

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

It's Namor we're talking about. I would be shocked if he was inquiring about AE calf. Also, not sure if you were trying to post what he is looking for, but I think he is asking about an adelaide like this:

[​IMG]

3. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

A big plus one for all the shell MTO Bayfields. Really like those.

4. jpleak

jpleak Member

I'm really considering purchasing a pair of Bourbon Strands seconds before the RDA sale ends.. Does anyone happen to know a price to save me a phone call?

5. tietherope

tietherope Senior Member

$228.65

6. jpleak

jpleak Member

hm. i thought they would be cheaper.. my dalton's were around 200 with shipping. lol

7. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior Member

Ah yes. I have a mile long walk to the subway station every morning. I can jump on a bus if it's too gross out but I prefer to walk in the morning unless it's exceptionally disgusting.
    [/quote

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

Thanks. Here are a few more quick shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Hey Ryden. Did you find your recent cappuccino shell makeups to be more dry feeling than other shell shoes you own?

10. rydenfan

Yup. I plan to treat with some Reno in the near future.

11. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Have you or will you wear them before you treat them? I wore my capp. Dundees once and where the creases formed are a bit rough. No other shell I have did this.

12. cannan

cannan Senior Member

Damn those are really nice. Looks like reading through the recent posts is that cappuccino is gone. I tried on some Dalton's yesterday but I'm thinking about cleaning out the closet to raise funds for an MTO makeup that can be my go-to shoe.

13. rydenfan

This is my 3rd wearing of my Bayfields and they are a bit dry. I will probably treat them and my Dundees over the weekend. I likely will not wear my Dundees before I treat them. That is more a function of the amount of footwear I have then any feeling about not wearing them prior to treating them :)

Interesting that yours are rich. I have not experienced that. I would imagine a conditioner and some heavy brushing will fix them right up for you

14. rydenfan

Thanks! I think they would look great in dark brown as well. Really any of the cordovan colors would make up well. Plus the Poron insole is super comfortable.

15. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Thanks, Ryden. Looks like I'll be ordering some reno today. I wish I could get reno and Alden leather defender from the same place. I want to get both. I want the defender for my Indys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.