1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rxcats

rxcats Senior Member

I plan on buying 3 pairs of AE during the Rediscover America sale this year. I already have Dalton (dark brown), McAllister (walnut), Delray (brown suede) and Neumok Wingtip (red and olive). I plan on getting Strand in bourbon and Broadstreet in walnut/bone. I generally hate black shoes and only wear them when necessary. The only black shoes I own are a pair of very dusty Kenneth Coles that I bought last minute (at DSW) for a evening wedding. I am embarrassed to wear them, but don't want to spend a lot of money on shoes I will get very little use out of. I noticed that AE has a shoe called New Haven that comes in black. It looks similar to the Fifth Avenue (at least in the picture) except that it is a blucher rather than a balmoral. I am wondering if this would do for the very occasional evening wedding or funeral. I sent allaboutshoes an instant message inquiring about his Rediscover America prices for all of the above shoes, but am on the fence about which black shoes to buy.

2. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior Member

Those look bad… real bad!

3. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

^^ For all the seconds on here that you can't even tell they're seconds...there is no doubt they are seconds. Bad luck of the draw.

4. SBear

SBear Senior Member

[​IMG]

5. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

I have the Bradley in burgundy shell. Great shoe, comfortable, good looking IMO. I wear them wi anything that isn't a suit. Charcoal grey, blue, brown, etc. I wear them as much as any of my other shoes - I keep them in rotation year round.

6. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

I have two "tab" shell cordovan belts. The tabs are basically the places where they sew the pieces of shell together.

I also have polished cobbler (corrected grain) belts for use with suits, since the cordovan belts are more casual.

7. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior Member

Agree. I've gotten seconds before and could never tell what was wrong with the shoes. This is very obvious, I'd cut the lost and return them

8. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior Member

I may get in trouble for saying this but you can post your size and what you're looking for, your location. I'm sure there are plenty of ppl here would check their closets

9. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior Member

Seeing this picture single-handedly led me to purchasing shell Dalton's today. They looked so epic I just could not resist.

10. Shawnc

Shawnc Distinguished Member

At that price point I would have jumped at them. Nice pick-up.

11. NWTeal

NWTeal Distinguished Member

Those look pretty bad. I would return and maybe even contest the $10 restocking fee. I don't think those should even be seconds.

Thanks. I'll have to check them out in store.

12. Scottyb06

Scottyb06 Senior Member

What he said. Those are more like thirds or fourths! I have five or six pairs of seconds and none of them are even remotely close to that :(

13. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior Member

That's exactly what I did. At one point the AE manager and I talked about maybe getting 11E's to support thicker socks, but I thought better of going too much bigger, hopefully I don't regret it.

I came away with three very different shoes in this buying spree: Patriots, Jefferson, and Daltons. I'm pretty excited by the fact that they are all shell cordovan. I can't wait until they begin to trickle in from the factory.

Hopefully between my burgundy calf Patriots and soon to arrive brown shell Patriots that will suffice for a temporary rotation until I can wear a full complement of lace-ups again.

14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Distinguished Member

I have the daltons in walnut.

I dint think I like the point. I'd have loved the shaker heights in black. AE doesn't have much for high utility in black boots. Bummer.

15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

Why not do an MTO thru Allison for the black Shakers? If that's what you really want...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.