• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my cappuccino shell Mcallister 2nds and am a bit disappointed. Shoe looks great, but one pair has pretty glaring fold and discoloration as evident in the pics below. Is this something that can be fixed? Would return these but cappuccino is hard to find at the moment. Would appreciate your thoughts, thanks.

I'd return those. I couldn't get past that.
What he said. Those are more like thirds or fourths! I have five or six pairs of seconds and none of them are even remotely close to that :(
Agreed. The only obvious pair of seconds that I've gotten was not even close to that bad.

green garden

Reaction score
My new Bayfields just arrived.
Dark Brown Shell....

Red lining. Well done.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My new Bayfields just arrived. Dark Brown Shell....
awesome. love your mto's, CK btw, does anyone know if AE make a stock version of the strand but without the medallion? basically a full brogue park avenue. cant find anything online nor on their website

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
awesome. love your mto's, CK

btw, does anyone know if AE make a stock version of the strand but without the medallion? basically a full brogue park avenue. cant find anything online nor on their website

No, nothing in stock. MTO's are currently 15% off, though, which (if AE could do it), would end up at $505 plus tax. It would seem simple enough to make a Strand without the medallion, but you never know what they will or will not do.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score

No, nothing in stock.  MTO's are currently 15% off, though, which (if AE could do it), would end up at $505 plus tax.  It would seem simple enough to make a Strand without the medallion, but you never know what they will or will not do.

You should quote him the calf price too. Should be less than $300.

AE posted a concept shoe a month back, see below...

The shoe got it's wings clipped. Not bad looking.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Wearing my cappuccino Bayfields today
Man, Ryden! I really like those Bayfields. I just wish that the eyelets were spaced closer together. I have that issue with all of AE's boots tho. That's why I don't have any, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads