1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jungleroller

jungleroller Distinguished Member

I googled that and didn't come up with much. I thought maybe a misspell or he was using slang.

Edit. It was a misspelling in his post. No biggie but I should have caught it before asking in here.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013

2. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior Member

I am really loving these Subutai. So glad I mimicked them for my recent MTO. If you keep showing pics of these I will just be jonesin' for my Shell Burgundy Franciscans even more...

3. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Yes! My cappuccino Leeds are shipping today!

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

Excellent! You are on quite a roll lately

5. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Don't remind me! haha.

6. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior Member

I went to AE in downtown Chicago, was measured, and told I was a 12 E in 5 last; my (slightly long) calf Daltons are a 11.5 E and my Long Branches are 11 E, but feel (just a little) wide. Relatively thin socks though, to this point in the season. As Chi gets colder and socks get thicker, I think the Long Branch will be a perfect fit. Slipped an insole into the Dalton, fits great. I don't think I am a true 12 E; maybe 11.5 D/E - i'm a "5 shoe last tweener". Sized down 1 whole size for snug fit/comfort. I am a diabetic so any shoe slipping around on my foot is a definite "no-no". Sick boot, though. Leather is like butter. Last fits are not consistent from shoe to boot to shoe. Know this.

7. bkotsko

bkotsko Distinguished Member

Love these. I wore mine yesterday.
    There is a shop in NJ that has these unlined in stock still, in a few sizes. (If there are any rare shell lovers looking...)
    Pelle Line
    I got my pair there ~6 months ago.
    You can see what is available on their website.
    They have them listed as brown, but I assure you they are Walnut Shell Cordovan.

8. rpearlberg

rpearlberg Senior Member

Thanks. I have the 11D in Fifth Avenue and they are a bit snug on top and on my pinkie toe, but not to the point where I can't wear them. I got the 10.5E in the Strand and they fit well, with plenty of room....
    I would be wearing the Long Branch with regular cotton socks, mainly with jeans, khaki's, etc...

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

I'm sure your wife does that plenty already...

10. NWTeal

NWTeal Distinguished Member

Pretty temping. Too bad I can't afford them right now. If I went into the store, I'm sure I'd walk out with them though :)

11. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I know. It's funny you should say that. I'm in the middle of getting an MTO together for her, haha. Last time I was at my AE retailer, the SA (female) we were working with had a pair of walnut Daltons made. That was all my wife needed to hear! I figured the RDA event was the perfect time to get a pair made and see how she likes them.

12. jch1

jch1 Senior Member

I'm going to say no to burgundy shell/calf Patriots. New question: brown calf patriot firsts for $200 flat, or brown shell patriot seconds for $315?

13. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

For me; I'd pony up the $115 for shell.

14. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior Member

Rpearlberg, I've found that D's in most lasts (returned McClains, Player's Shoe in 11.5 D) murder my baby toe - if they don't, they're usually too long or hug the top of my foot too tight as well. I've not tried each last, but I haven't found one that fits well in D width. For boots i'd most def up the width one size (not always an option with shoemakers), try on during the evening, and see what's what - if that's an option for you. This may need to be adjusted for seconds you find...
    I have grown fond of the Long Branches in grey - I feel like I've captured an elephant and fashioned boots from its hide!!! [​IMG]

15. SBear

SBear Senior Member

shell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.