• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

basiameda

Reaction score
Quote:
I have the Banchory in tan and I believe they use the same leather. I've been pretty mean with these shoes (wearing them to bars and even taking them to the beach), while still taking care of them (reno, saddle soap), and they've begun to darken fairly well. The leather is extremely soft and comfortable!

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Allen-Edmonds Amok - Regular $250.00 - On Sale for $99.99

Anyone have a pair of Allen-Edmonds Amok? If so, how do you like them?

I noticed them on sale in selected sizes for only $99.99 at www.6pm.com
got a pair of snuff amoks. nice enough for what I paid (also $100 thru j'ville awhile back)

would not think twice about grabbing the tan amoks for $99 if they had my size. great price.

njruss

Reaction score
Call in your order for $125.00 and follow up by email. You have nothing to lose in assuming and asking directly.

It reminds me of my grocery store where cottage cheese is 10 for $10. When I take one to the checkout, it still rings up as a dollar.
I was told that I need to buy 2 pair to get the $125 price.

SBear

Reaction score
2 for $250 deal. Hesitated and lost. Dalton grey calf and Westchester brown calf were available yesterday in my size (10D is what I wear in the PA and was told at AE would be right for all AE shoes) but gone when I went to order them today. Words of advice, don't delay if they have what you like available.

njruss

Reaction score
2 for $250 deal. Hesitated and lost. Dalton grey calf and Westchester brown calf were available yesterday in my size (10D is what I wear in the PA and was told at AE would be right for all AE shoes) but gone when I went to order them today. Words of advice, don't delay if they have what you like available.
Hesitated and lost out on a pair of walnut Brooks Brothers Strands for $129 back when I was starting to get into AE and had just learned about the shoebank (not quite a year ago). It was my first list and I assumed that that kind of opportunity was routine. Lesson learned. Grabbed a pair of tan Elgins and walnut grain Park Aves this time around. Totally agree with you - if you see something you like on one of these sales, grab it quick!

pudman43

Reaction score
Memory is a bit foggy: someone recently reported that the Mora (2.0?) is coming back soon. Was that ever confirmed? J

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Memory is a bit foggy: someone recently reported that the Mora (2.0?) is coming back soon. Was that ever confirmed? J
I sure hope so, I would love to purchase them in black as seconds!
I already own the Neumoras in Brown, so the black would be a great addition.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
I have the Banchory in tan and I believe they use the same leather. I've been pretty mean with these shoes (wearing them to bars and even taking them to the beach), while still taking care of them (reno, saddle soap), and they've begun to darken fairly well. The leather is extremely soft and comfortable!

Can you post an image?

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sure hope so, I would love to purchase them in black as seconds!
I already own the Neumoras in Brown, so the black would be a great addition.
I've never heard of anyone looking forward to an item being re-released so that he can purchase it as seconds. You must not want it THAT much.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just pulled trigger for 2 for $250 deal today. It was easy - I had the list of shoes in my size. Just replied with 2 models I was after and few hours later received invoice. Jville store has all my details - purchased 8 shoes form them so far this year !
So I have Sanford in Walnut and Park Ave in grey cloud coming. A bit of gamble with PA grey. If I don't like the colour I will use Navy cream polish and if not happy will use Navy dye. I hear Navy dye is really strong and penetrate leather easily .

Any thoughts how easy/hard the colour change process may be . Any advise ? I plan not to strip the grey - rather navy over grey.

On a another note. I have few pairs of RL shoes that were squashing my toes. This morning ripped off the heavy leather insoles from them And what a magic....... got that extra width out of them.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone thinking of buying the Hannover wholecut? I'm in the market for a new black shoe, and am considering this, along with Flatiron or Rutledge (3 last does my foot right).
They're alright, but I don't like them enough to pay that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads