Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Sometimes they do go away, but not always. I would send them back for another pair myself. There was a discussion a couple of months ago about this and sometimes they do go away. But not always...

2. mavrik13

mavrik13 Active Member

I would exchange them - you will be keeping the shoes for a long time, it isn't worth risking the lump not going away.

On a somewhat related note:

Just to add a little fuel to the fire, I received a pair of Walnut Strands that AE pricematched to the Nordstrom's sale. Interestingly, they came with a return shipping label to Nordstrom, not AE, so I'm thinking that this pair was specifically made for the sale. The quality of these shoes were terrible, and I will be returning them. They were definitely second quality shoes - for example, the toe cap on the right side was about 1/4-1/2" larger than on the left side. Immediately apparent, before I even put the shoes on! The stitching is also very poor, unlike the pictures I've seen for Strands in the past. Definitely a second quality shoe, but there was no stamp on the sole to indicate it as such.

3. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Actually, whenever I've bought from another store, the label is always to return to the store and not AE. Even Sherman Brothers does this.

4. mavrik13

mavrik13 Active Member

I purchased the shoes from AE, but they came with a return label to Nordstrom. That is why I think they were made specifically for the anniversary sale at Nordstrom.

5. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

6. crizq0

crizq0 Member

Thanks a bunch for the info. Glad I am not the only one experiencing this. I will exchange this for another one.

7. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

8. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Thanks, Shiny. Looking at this shoe, I don't know what AE marketing/design departments are thinking. If they were to bring this shoe in as a part of their permanent line-up (which, as far as I am concerned, needs to be revised and shrunk drastically, but this is a separate issue) it would be selling like a hot pie.

9. Minjin

Minjin New Member

How very coincidental. I was going to post nearly this exact post last night and didn't have time. I too ordered a couple pairs of Walnut Strands. In my case, the "couple" end up being 5 pairs (to the tune of nearly 1200 bucks) from Nordstrom since I had no idea what size would fit me. The sizes were 8D, 8.5C, 8.5D, 9C, 9D. Still waiting on the Cs. Got the Ds already and while I normally fit 8.5D (hence the centering at that size), the 9D fits me the best so far (with the thicker Thorlo comfort socks that I typically wear). Anyway, while I was comparing the 8.5D and 9D in my house I noticed that the 9Ds slipped on the carpet every single time I took a step. When I looked at the bottom, I saw the same thing you did: [​IMG] The dark sole being the slippery one from the 9D and the light sole being the not slippery one from the 8.5D. Anyone ever see this before?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013

10. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

My new fifth streets from 6pm came with the darker soles. They match of course, but does anyone know the difference, if any from the two soles?

I actually like the darker ones better, maybe cuz they're new to me, being that all my other AEs are lighter. Of course this is strictly visual perspective, as I have yet to take the fifth streets on they're maiden voyage.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013

11. zchen

zchen Senior member

after I dropped them off at UPS it occured to me that I should have taken more pictures. I was rather occupied with at the time though, so only ended up with this one.
    [​IMG]

12. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Here are a few pictues of the Fifth Streets.

Hard to tell in the Pics, but I did condition, Polish, and Coat a thin layer of Neutral Wax on them Before Wearing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    Which Nordstrom store or SA offered you a price match from Amazon?

David

14. David Copeland

If you are professionally fitted in a Nordstrom store and they sell you shoes, they will honor a 6 month refund or exchange guarantee after you have worn them if the size causes issues with your feet. I don't know of any other AE retailer who does that.

David

15. David Copeland

I don't believe the lump will go away. The cork does form to your foot, but should not have a lump in it.

I suggest you exchange it.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.