1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincikid

cincikid Senior Member

Unless you return the 2nd pair. In this case you get your $125 refund and return shipping is still free for another week or so.

2. cincikid

cincikid Senior Member

+1. Can't be beaten for $99. No squeaking--an issue often reported on SF--so far. I'm honestly thinking of stocking up another pair just to keep it in my closet until the 1st one wear out, but then again, it might take a while to totally ruin them.

3. stgrim

stgrim Senior Member

Just placed an order for the following via David's contact at Nordstrom on the last day of sales;

Neumok in Olive Green, 9D - $169.90
    McAllister in Merlot, 9E - $229.90
    Strand in Dark Brown, 9E - $229.90

Hope I get the sizing right the first time!

4. Subutai

Subutai Senior Member

In my experience Neumoks run narrow

5. Close Hoarse

Close Hoarse Senior Member

Just scored these on eBay. They're Allen Edmonds for Ralph Lauren. I saw a photo of a pair just like these posted here some days ago which is why I jumped on these as soon as I saw them.

CH

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. cincikid

cincikid Senior Member

I have the same experience. I wear 9.5D in all AE lasts but 5, but to get a perfect fit in Neumoks (as well as Strands, McTavish and Park Avenues) I had to go with 9E, even though Neumoks are unlined.

7. rpearlberg

rpearlberg Senior Member

How do the McTavish fit? Same size as my Strand?

8. Kave

Kave Member

You will most likely want to size down 1/2 a size, I wear 12 in the Strand and 11 1/2 in the McTavish and they fit about the same.

9. Snoogz

Snoogz Distinguished Member

So far in my experience with all my AEs on a few dif lasts, my shoe size has always stayed the same. 10 EEE.

10. cincikid

cincikid Senior Member

I went 1/2 size down and one width up for both McTavish and Strand. I found the fit overall to be pretty similar, but YMMV.

11. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

[​IMG] Do you realize that you have just effectively destroyed your shoes!? Those insoles are not intended to be removable! There is a reason you were having to "rip" them out! They are the foundation of the shoe, and the glue you are referring to is the canvas gemming! The gemming is attached to the bottom of the insole with cement, and then the uppers and welt are stitched to the gemming. Your shoes are now un-repairable!!! [​IMG]

12. adamdurbin

adamdurbin Senior Member

Grey cloud pa's on their way from the sale. I bought the grey Dalton's when they were first offered because I loved the grey color so much! Even back then, though, I wanted the pa's more. These shoes are just plain gorgeous. Now that theyre being discontinued, i wanted to get them... AND theyre only 125!!! I will wear them until they are dust.

13. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Distinguished Member

...pretty sure he's trolling...at least, I hope so.

14. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Distinguished Member

I'm not sure if that's true or not. If you've done it, then I'll take your word for it. I'd guess that they'd refund the difference between the normal price of the first pair and what you paid. That's the way that most companies deal with this sort of issue. It's the employees who don't know better who fall for that.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013

15. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior Member

Just bumping my last question, Do the Bayfields ever show up as seconds? I wouldn't mind a pair this winter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.