1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

I think a chili cap toe boot would be badass.

2. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

I was the first to order the Eagle County, and posted here. Now everyone seems to be hopping on the wagon at the sale price. Here is the make up I went with.

*BOURBON CALF 2066
    *TONE ON TONE STITCHING
    **EXTRA BURNISH ON TOE AND HEEL AREAS
    *BLACK SPLIT REVERSE WELT
    *LEATHER MIDSOLE
    *MINI LUG OUTSOLE
    *BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING

3. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Pulled trigger on the Merlot Franciscan Sunday... I was a skeptic, looking at the style and lack of comments on AE, but the GF strode past my laptop and said it was femme approved. Isn't that part of why we're doing it? I have no Merlot, and they can ALWAYS GO BACK, so... give it a look-see. ...Yeah, why doesn't the Franciscan get more looks from folks?

4. fourspin

fourspin Well-Known Member

Post some pics, I'm not sure I've seen any in the wild.

5. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

If that request was for me, fourspin, no problem - but they are supposed to be delivered today... Have to pass MY inspection, then it's a go. Not in the wild you can see today. Parkways (bourbon) and 5th Ave walnut to follow. Eagle County MTO, Allison??? [​IMG]

6. fourspin

fourspin Well-Known Member

Yep, that was for you. I have some Walnut Francos, bought them during RDA, but would have been very tempted by the Merlot had I known they were coming. Would also be tempted by Mora 2.0's in Merlot....I guess I'm a monk junkie. Monkie? Wait....

7. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Double Monkie!!! Wait... That sounds like something for me and the Mrs.!!!

I needed a couple monks mahself, and while i'm drawn to walnut and bourbon lately (plain ol' brown is kind of boring to me), merlot seemed to be an awesome middle ground for my wardrobe choices. That walnut is nasty, fourspin. I love it. Folks say 'flashy' but where else in your professional presentation do you have that kind of latitude. Tie? Watch? Meh.

8. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Those saddles in your profile pic are awesome. Custom Sheltons, or was there a Christmas version that I missed? I'd love to know more.

9. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Those were a shoe AE did a few years ago called the Holiday. They made them around Christmas for a few years, but I haven't seen them made in a while. I guess it was the former version of the Jingle Mok they are doing now.

Here is a photo I took of these shoes.

[​IMG]

Chris

10. halfnhalfnhalf

11. halfnhalfnhalf

12. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

PSA: You can apply the Macy's Friends & Family 25% off code "FRIEND" toward their stock of AE.

13. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I love these shoes!!

I'll be wearing these exact shoes tomorrow for a work event. The candy cane laces that AE sells probably put these over the top but then again, I am wearing Green/Red/Green Saddles :)

I bought mine at the last 2 for $250 sale along with the Red/White/Blue MacNeils.

14. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Senior member

Okay well can someone PM me Allisons email, this post just made me want to order that exact same makeup without the extra burnish

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  15. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

As requested, in the wild: My burgundy Franciscans (MTO, Independence leathers)

[​IMG]

16. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Macy's sells AE?

17. 850csi

850csi Senior member

I'm not big on monk straps, but those are very nice.

Question: what is Independence leather exactly? Does the Independence collection have a higher grade of leather?

This is what I went with; I basically tried to create a captoe version of the Shaker Heights (sans tweed, obviously).

18. tjyoung

tjyoung Senior member

I've noticed the same thing re:the Franciscans around these parts. I think the forum generally doesn't show much love to the 333 last. Maybe it's because there aren't many balmorals featured in this last? Personally, it's my favorite last, with some damn sexy options:

-Franciscan
    -Rutledge
    -Larchmont (personal favorite)
    -Parkway (I own two of these; one in walnut, other in brown, but the heavy stitching throws them off a bit...love the shape though)
    -Portland
    -Hanover
    -Boca Raton (more seasonal)
    -Harrison (mdubs, I believe, did this in black cordovan...making me think about returning my unworn park aves and MTOing these)
    -Flatiron

I even like the Haight boot, but not sure if the Chelsea-style would fit my narrow foot well. Looks great though.

All-in-all, I think the 333 is Allen Edmonds's best last.

19. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

AE fans are often likely to be fans of "traditional" dress shoe shapes, and thus don't gravitate to the chiseled, European look. I personally wouldn't buy something on the 333, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

20. tjyoung

tjyoung Senior member

Side-note on my own thought...I wonder if Allen Edmonds made some non-Independent line, balmoral shoes on the 333 if this last might become more popular (i.e. make a basic strand/fifth ave/park ave on the 333).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.