Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

I'll look into it. Thank you, Columbo...I mean, kentyman.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  2. Septimus

Septimus Senior member

Just ordered the brown burnished McGraws and I also went for brown Long Branches, at 2/$250! Yay!

(I had my eye on the brown Chromexcel Bayfields, but someone snagged them. Was it one of you!?)

3. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

French-Pressed coffee, Organic Chemistry & Wingtip Boots. What a combination [​IMG]

4. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

It wasn't me, but if I ever find an 8.5D Chromexcel Bayfield second, I'll be one happy man.

5. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

6. delmar

delmar Senior member

Thanks for the tips. I'm not going to look down my nose at you for using Kiwi, your results speak for themselves. I use Kiwi polish sometimes too. I like to use the quick-shine sponges from Kiwi--I'm going to use one right now on my Ridgeways.

7. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

any belt recommendations to go with tan suede amok?

8. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Good score. I have had the waxy brown Long Branches for almost a year now and they are really growing on me. I initially got them since I really like my Daltons and the price was really good. Wasn't quite sure about them but they are now getting that "worn in" look and I am really liking them. Best to wear the heck out of them. Enjoy.

9. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Not on Alden products

10. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

shameless repost - any belt recommendations to go with tan suede amok?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  11. ellisonmaxim

ellisonmaxim New Member

Hey all,

Looking to purchase a pair of Tan Cronmoks, and have a question about sizing on the 5 last. Because of where I live in Canada, I can't try any allen edmonds on for reference, but I wear a 10D in Johnston and Murphy Arrington Wingtip (http://www.hanigs.com/johnstonandmurphy/20-3737arringtontaupe.aspx), and a 10D in a pair of Steve Madden shoes (both purchased before I knew much about shoes) and a 9.5 in a pair of Roots chukka's (http://canada.roots.com/Men'sChukka...ault,pd.html?cgid=mensBoots&selectedColor=024). The chukkas fit well (maybe a little tight on the sides), and the other two shoes are probably just a *little* long.

I am thinking that I should size down to a 9.5, and up to a E width because of the last used to make the Cronmoks.

Thoughts?

12. ww21943

ww21943 Well-Known Member

Hello gents,

Some may recall I ordered a pair of AE Clifton seconds from the shoebank, my first time ordering seconds, and received a pair with a rather large gouge on the cap. I called AE and received a return label by email. Even before I sent the shoes back for an exchange they sent out another pair for me. I was assured these would be checked first. I recieved my exchange today and I couldn't be happier! The shoes look great. The only defect I can find is some light creasing on the side of one of the shoes and it hardly shows. I mean I would have never thought it was a defect.

I wouldn't hesitate using the shoebank again.

Here is a picture of my new burgundy Clifton's. [​IMG]

Here is a picture of my main three pairs of AE's. My new Clifton's, brown BB/AE strands (my most used pair) and black Park Ave's (haven't used them yet). I'm going to Nordstrom tomorrow to get shoe tress on sale for all three pairs. [​IMG]

13. JDHarman

JDHarman New Member

Hello. I recently received my new Walnut Daltons that I ordered during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Thank you to those who gave me some advice on shoe care.

I had a question for those who know a lot more about Allen Edmonds shoes than I do. The shoes I received have two small circular marks on the bottom of the left boot. Is this a seconds marking? Or is this normal for new Allen Edmonds shoes? I ordered directly from the Nordstrom website, so they were supposed to be "first" quality.
    [​IMG]
    The only small imperfection I could find would be a little extra piece sticking out from the welt, like it wasn't fully cut off.
    [​IMG]
    Aside from that, the shoes seem to be pretty much perfect. They look great, and fit quite well. I'd just be a bit irritated if I paid full (albeit "sale") price for something that wasn't first-quality, when that is what I was expecting.

What do you guys think?

14. althanis

althanis Senior member

It has happened before where the codes worked on Alden's, albeit for a short time till they corrected it.

15. mcass

mcass Well-Known Member

Not a marking for seconds, and not worth worrying about the welt. Wear them in good health. They look good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.