Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fiddlestyx

fiddlestyx Active Member

I have a pair of McGraw Shells and a pair of Strands, both in 7E. The Strands definitely fit better and I eventually put tongue pads into the McGraws as they were a bit lose. I'd be curious to try on a pair of McGraws in a smaller size.

2. Xandion

Xandion Member

Could someone tell me how much wider in the toe area the 333 last is versus the #5 last? Or better yet does anyone know how the 333 last compares to the capital last? I am a very comfortable 8UK in the capital last and think the best fit for me in the #5 last is 9EE. Wondering if I could swing a 9D in the 333 last since i have read its noticeably wider than the 5.

I appreciate any input you all could provide.

3. fiddlestyx

fiddlestyx Active Member

I recently got the pair of walnut Strands that I ordered from the Nordstrom sale and had the same issue on the welt. I'm not worried too much about it as its much better than the first pair I was sent that had a small gouge in the toe.

4. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

Kristle from J'Ville asked me to pass along a message that her website has been down and she hasn't been able to process any shoe size lists for anyone. That she apologizes and will get them out ASAP. They've been swamped.

5. Upward

Upward Senior member

What is with Nordstrom getting low quality Allen Edmonds? This appears to be a common issue in this thread that Nordstrom has lower quality AE, especially Strands for some reason.

I returned mine directly to AE and the replacements are better.

6. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

I called them earlier and they said they were 80+ emails deep.

I ordered 1 pair of shoes via email from them yesterday and was told they would "try" to get the 1 pair left for me. I then emailed later to add my second pair of shoes for the sale and got a response from a different employee, once again that they would try. Come 8 p.m. tonight I still hadn't heard whether or not they were obtained, so I called. The second associate I spoke with yesterday said she went to add them to my original order, but she could not find where the order was, so I have to wait until tomorrow to speak with the original sales person. So I still don't know if any of the two shoes were held for me and if not, come tomorrow they will certainly be gone. Who wants to place bets on the outcome?

7. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Anyone who has the spiaggia- did you stick with the same size as your other 5 lasted shoes?

I tried them on a couple days ago and they seemed tighter along the arch than my other 5 lasted shoes.

8. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Mine have shipped!

9. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Thanks, I plan to.

10. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Has anyone tried seeing if AE will price match Amazon?

There are some pretty good sales happening on amazon.com right now. Daltons, McAllisters, and Strawfut

11. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

Hi Mate,

i wear a 8UK in english shoes (herring shoes based off 026 last i am 8UK).

My 8.5E Park Avenues are far more comfortable than my 9D Strands. 9D is good but 8.5E for me is perfect.

12. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Subutai, your Burgundy shell Dalton's look terrific! Enjoy!

13. jrarnold

jrarnold Well-Known Member

The 1511G last is also used for three of the Orthotic Collection shoes. I own a pair of Scottsdales(Orthotic Patriots) and they certainly run big(in foot volume/depth, not width or length) when I am using the normal insole and not my custom orthotic. I was measured as a 13D on the Brannock and wear a 13D in 1511G and 8-678 where I use my custom orthotics. Both lasts still fit me well when I use the standard insoles, but for comfort and all day wear I always use my orthotics.

14. MZWilson

MZWilson Member

What's the absolute lowest price you could reasonably expect to find on Dalton firsts? I've found a pair for $215. They're not really in the budget, but I'm worried I'll kick myself if I pass it up...

15. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I believe that to be a great price for new AE firsts. Essentially 50% off MSRP and better than the Nordstrom sale...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.