• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subutai

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with the Neumok as a summer shoe??

I know it is unlined, but I am curious as to how the shoe "breaths" during warmer months.

I am looking for something that could be worn sockless with khakis/chinos/linen pants.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm a newbie and forgot to quote

OptoDoc

Reaction score

For what it's worth, New Orleans has nothing on Cajun Country when it comes to boiling crawfish. Come to my parent's home in New Roads, LA and let some authentic Cajuns show you a proper crawfish boil.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For what it's worth, New Orleans has nothing on Cajun Country when it comes to boiling crawfish. Come to my parent's home in New Roads, LA and let some authentic Cajuns show you a proper crawfish boil.

Idk Houma boils a mean crawfish. Pretty country up your way though.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Well sure, but Houma is part of Acadiana
stirpot.gif

It's all good in South Louisiana, though. Damn...I'm hungry.

Last edited:

ckprax

Reaction score
lol...Well, thats that...I asked my friendly local Allen Edmonds retailer if it was possible for me to get a MTO style in the color I preferred per the offer extended on StyleForum. She checked into it dutifully, and I believe, thoroughly. She called me back today to notify me that she researched THIS VERY WEBSITE through and through, to which I directed her in hopes of making her aware of this "promotional offer". She said she both searched the website, AND asked around the customer service/order center and no one there even knew what she was talking about....lol...havent ever even heard of an Allen Edmonds "SWAT FORCE" or whatever, and they didnt even have any of the more exotic colors of shell in stock at the factory to even complete a MTO promotional order...lol

Ah well, it didnt take a genius to figure out that the informality, alone, of such a one-off, oddball proposal/promotional offer would yield flimsy results. And I never bought into this hokey notion that a failure receive an initial response of any sort to my request had anything to do with me not emailing Mr. Grangaard vs. PM'ing him, or any of that other bullpuckey. From the outset it never really even made sense to me that a MTO offer would be extended directly from the Allen Edmonds' CEO to ONLY a select few shoe fanatics on one single website. lol...Even as much as I like Allen Edmonds, it just never seemed plausible to begin with. But, it was worth a shot anyway. Hell, Ive already waited 5 weeks for my shell order thus far -- At this point Im starting to just wish I hadve never even made the exchange to begin with. But, might as well wait it on out and just take what they give me and be satisfied with it. Because I think Ill be satisfied anyway. Shell is shell, I guess. Plus, I still think Allen Edmonds' customer service is Grade A, so whatever. But if I ever get the impulse to buy more Allen Edmonds shell, I guess I now know to directly email Paul if I am to avoid this sort of runaround.

Paul specifically asked that we email him with MTO requests; you didn't and got "flimsy results". Many people have contacted Paul directly and placed custom orders without issue. You can't expect a sales associate to know what the CEO offers to SF members, much less dig through thousands of posts looking for proof. If you want a custom MTO without the up charge than email Paul and see what they can do for you.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ive lived in california since the the late 60's but my family had a house boat on False River when I was a kid .My next door neighbors in Baton Rouge owned one othose big camps that served food and had dances just outside New Roads .Damn if I can rember the name of the place their name was Milton
My brother is an ex police chief in BR . Small world .

OptoDoc

Reaction score
englade 321, was it Bonaventure's, Jim's or Parrot's perchance? If it was defunct long before my time (pre-1983), I may not know the name, but I'm sure my father would. It is certainly a small world. If you get the itch to ride out on the waves of False River again, look me up.

ylkim30

Reaction score
Does anyone know where Allen Edmonds sources their calf leather? I think I read somewhere they used to get it from Annonay, but they have since change to another tannery.

I ask because someone asked a question about the uppers on another forum, and I remembered that the leather from my AE shoes that I bought in 2007 is very different from my newer AE shoes (they seem more rubbery/waxy now than they did 6 years ago).

JermynStreet

Reaction score

Does anyone know where Allen Edmonds sources their calf leather? I think I read somewhere they used to get it from Annonay, but they have since change to another tannery.

I ask because someone asked a question about the uppers on another forum, and I remembered that the leather from my AE shoes that I bought in 2007 is very different from my newer AE shoes (they seem more rubbery/waxy now than they did 6 years ago).

I think I remember hearing somewhere in eastern Europe. Maybe the big man can chime in on this.

bucksfan

Reaction score
The Patriots broke in pretty well, they're just a little bit tight around the instep but I expect that will get better over time. It's a very comfortable shoe.
Also, I love the different tones of reds on your Cambridges. It makes them look quite unique.

I agree about the Patriot comfort. Thank you - here is a pic from when they were new, in better lighting. Note that this is the "old" burgundy shell cordovan - now AE's burgundy shell is darker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads