Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Dayom!! That looks awesome. I'll definiately be picking up a pair.

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Paul is prioritizing his responses on the basis of post count in this thread. I received a response within 15 minutes and an offer to knock an additional 25% off my MTO. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2013

3. dslonghorn4

dslonghorn4 Senior member

Mac Method after every wear with the occasional Saphir Reno treatment (minimal amounts every 20 wearings or so). Hope that helps!

4. rc121

rc121 Senior member

8 years to obtain a JD?

5. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Yeah, yeah, give it a rest please. No need to lecture me with "next times" and woulda coulda shoulda's. I got FLIMSY RESULTS....Which Im ok with, and expected. I did as AE's own customer service agent directed me to do, and contacted the retailer since my particular MTO order would have been an exchange involving a pair of shoes that are already in production, not merely a simple purchase. I got a bit of runaround and a no. Simple as that. Im not saying that everyone has had such misfortune, or that everyone going forward will be met with the same misfortune. But while I have great respect and admiration for AE's customer service, and I believe they go above and beyond to address their customers' concerns, I would never be foolish enough to think they're infallible. It has become evident to me that they are not.

6. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I'm assuming he means something like, 4 years undergrad, 3 years law school, and one year bar?

Otherwise yes, that is a long time to get a JD.

7. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

Seven total years. Works for a year in commercial real estate. My third week of work in 2008 was when BofA bought Merrill lynch. Put my applications in right after that. Thank you for all the good wishes, gents.

8. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Why are you making things ten times harder than they need to be and getting frustrated with your lack of results? Return your shoes and e-mail Paul about a MTO. Done.

9. dslonghorn4

dslonghorn4 Senior member

Thanks! Really digging those burgundy shell daltons in your avatar pic.

10. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Again: Save it.. where have I at all implied that I am frustrated with any part of my exchange process? I clearly noted that I have accepted the outcome. The more important question is why such passive aggressive vitriol has been projected upon my recount of the situation, here?

I actually decided to email Paul. Impressively, I received a response in less than an hour from the man himself; a very busy man to say the least. As I informed everyone INITIALLY, the exchange simply ISNT POSSIBLE due to the logistics of an already scarce shell resource making reproduction of multiple MTO shell shoes in a very unique size cost prohibitive. These are the words (essentially) from the horses mouth. There isnt anything left to be done. He was very attentive to my inquiry and I feel that he gave me the most honest answer to an already delicate exchange that one could realistically expect. I thank him for his time, and for expressing interest in delivering resolution to my dilemma. Things didnt turn out quite as I had hoped, but as always, I leave from my most recent experience with AE's customer service, with nothing but the utmost respect for them, appreciation for their effort, and moreover, an eager anticipation of the arrival of my Shell Cordovan Shoes.

11. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    I know of some who took forever to pass their bar after graduation - and even one year is becoming the norm . . . So much so, that some were in their 40's before they finally achieve it (California Bar).

You were on the ball from 2008. Good for you!

12. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Congrats on passing. Great choice of shoes, too. I'll be writing my LSAT in the next month or so and will be on my way towards a career in law.

13. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Congrats and good luck! I graduated with my JD 10 years ago this month, then the real work began.

14. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Senior member

Thoughts on cronmoks? Ebay has them cheap and I do need a boot/brown shoe. Navy looks nice as well...

15. biged781

biged781 Senior member

If you like them why do you care what anyone else thinks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.