Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Strands on ice. These are overtaking the Sanfords for favourite pair.

[​IMG]

2. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I love the Quinton. I didn't even know AE made a suede balmoral. I am going to see if they have them in my size.

3. ckprax

ckprax Well-Known Member

The neumok comes in suede as well (and is a bal).

4. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

On the 2 for $250 sale, I didn't find much of note. I know one or two individuals on Reddit snagged a pair of Shell Dundees (7.5 & 11.5). The only boots I noticed were chukkas; Amok/Malvern/Katmai. The Italian loafers are on the list as well. If anyone is interested, here's the lists for 9D/9E/9.5D/9.5E/10B from the Shoe Bank. They're about a day or two old. I would still suggest shooting an e-mail in case they've added a wider selection to the list.

I remember someone was looking to snag a pair of Player's, well, this is your chance! They're on the list!

9D + 9E: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvea099om9x79yz/090D090e.xlsx?m

9.5D + 9.5E: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtggiycvcofvfc1/095D.xlsx?m

Another 9.5D: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymzbtyslik8eu3n/095D (1).xlsx?m

10B: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldtj56i1znfwna6/10B.xlsx?m

5. Bzack

Bzack Active Member

Funny, I just talked to Jerry in Brookfield and asked specifically if any shell was included in the 2/$250 deal and he said no. They must have snuck one past a less experienced CS rep.

6. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I do not like the full toe shoe trees for this reason. As a size 12, I'm supposed to use the XL shoe trees, and observed the same things you mention with the full toe shoe trees: shoe tree fully compressed and not fitting into the shoe very easily or extending into the toe much. I have a pair of full toe shoe trees in a pair of boots, but otherwise go exclusively with the combination trees for this reason.

7. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I agree. Weybridge not my thing. I'm pretty sure the Quinton comes on a Dainite-type rubber sole, which makes it a good foul weather shoe, as well. Maybe confirm with AE that it's true. Also, the one I tried on felt a little narrow, but that's likely because it's an Oxford compared to my Clinton derby. But I like it, and for $125, can't go wrong.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013

8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

This depends on your shoe size. The Washburn in large happens to fit my shoe size perfectly, and it is not only full toe, but also has the ridge on it. On the other hand, the Woodlore Epic gives me the same problem as you cite here. If you're on the edge with one of the sizes, you're better off with split-toe.

9. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

They are a bit more casual though. What are everyone's thoughts on the Quinton with a suit? And does anyone know what type of sole it has?

10. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Interesting. Perhaps my instinct was correct, and the trees are indeed too tight. So you found that the correct size combination trees for you shoe according to AE fit less tightly than the full toe trees? Do you have any experience with the Cedarville/Kirby Allison Epic shoe trees? I've seen a lot of reference to them here on the forums.

11. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I just found out it has a rubber sole. I am not interested anymore.

12. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

I just placed an order this morning for the 2 for $250 sale. I got a pair of walnut players and the red white and blue macneils (Just like George W's pair). When I first got the list it had 2 pairs of the Townley in brown cordovan, but by the time I called a half hour later, they were both sold to the same person... So I missed out on the cordovan.

13. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

What size are you? Just curious, I just ordered a pair of walnut Players too.

14. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

I'm a 12d. The list showed they had 2 pair in that size when I placed the order this morning.

15. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I use the Woodlore shoe trees that are $14 at Nordstrom Rack. They work just fine for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.