• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well that's interesting. The welt on yours is darker than the edging. Mine are au natural for both. (Featured in this photo - MD Chukkas chocolate, McTavish cognac, McTavish tan, AExRL Singleton burnished brown, Florsheim 93605).
DSC_3739-01.jpeg

Rough Collection: McTavish 4035 Tan natural wax infused leather, double oak toasted leather sole.

View attachment 1648356

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny thing, your six pair cover the basics. 3 dress, 2 casual, and a fun pair. The Broadstreet is like fake boobs, fun to see but not practical for every day. So I am toying with Broadstreet #3. With the Woollymoks, Rudolph and my Michigan St. pair, I can be impractical 7 days a week.
View attachment 1648379

Talk to me about dress shoes with denim....

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
What would possess the good folks in Port Washington to discontinue these classics?

3A60112E-2657-4E82-964A-6DB06811EA65.jpeg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe a case similar to @M635Guy pair?

I regret selling two of the three pairs in that pic, but the "Mistake McTavish" pair (the seconds in the middle) are still in my closet and will be there for a long, long time...

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was putting away a pair of shoes tonight and thought I would include a picture of these old-school shoe trees.

74A9BC9E-F0AF-45CE-B6B0-74DA2ABBFE7C.jpeg
AB6B7CEB-3E03-48F3-8CCF-8C955FC6449C.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried using Renomat again, and it may be the last time I can ever open this bottle. Every time I open the bottle, I lose my appetite for hours. My stomach is not very strong, so the odor hits my nerves really badly with this product. It's a shame because I can tell the product works really well. I just may have to find something else.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
I tried using Renomat again, and it may be the last time I can ever open this bottle. Every time I open the bottle, I lose my appetite for hours. My stomach is not very strong, so the odor hits my nerves really badly with this product. It's a shame because I can tell the product works really well. I just may have to find something else.

I hear good things about Pure Polish products. Perhaps they have a removing agent like Reno'mat.

Alternatively, send me your shoes and I will strip them for you. I love the smell of Remo'mat.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm helping a friend get into the shoe game. He asked me to find him some deals on classic AE dress shoes in size 10.5 EEE. Anyone looking to sell a relatively new pair in that size?
Maybe call one of the four outlets and ask about calfskin special makeup seconds. Anything custom and seconds are either $99 or $129, and they'll be new. Typically a sole conversion to something not typical of that style.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe call one of the four outlets and ask about calfskin special makeup seconds. Anything custom and seconds are either $99 or $129, and they'll be new. Typically a sole conversion to something not typical of that style.
1628054704898.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads