• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Monday,

I finally pulled out these new brown Strandmoks to try. I've owned them since last fall, always reached for something else until today. Lotta gap there, which has some of you more concerned than it does me. I'll never get the closure some of you want on this last, but it generally closes up a bit for me as the shoes break in.

View attachment 1648018
I can buy 3 pairs of the same style and get almost closure all the way to a large gap. Strandmok is the biggest offender.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old School McTavish and the new one have almost nothing in common.
C97CBAB1-A804-474E-8CA5-CE1EB37F7018.jpeg

A664760C-7703-4319-A10D-B43C8097442F.jpeg

something about the full leather insole and double outsole make the shoe so much better.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Here's a question for the Strand aficionados. Strand with style code 6185, what is it?

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
Broke out the Chili Shell Strands today since it'll be in the 80's. Was tired of wearing boots with thick wool socks in the summer heat. Still thinking about what a Marbled or Scuffed Chili would look like :bounce2:
PXL_20210803_171309435.jpg

OmBom

Reaction score
Question about suede - Besides Saphir product(s),
what's the go-to suede cleaner used by the SF experts??

I'm eyeing some pre-owned suede footwear. No obvious spots to remove, just want a general cleaning. I see a Bickmore (Bick 4 folks) for $7. Will mild soap and water do the trick? I just read where vinegar and water is better than many higher priced solutions.
David @ vcleat.com used coconut shampoo to restore some vintage suede. He provided a link to the method used he found on another site:

http://oldleathershoe.com/wordpress/?p=1406

I always just brush with a suede brush, but plan to use this method if the suede really needs a cleaning.

Vincent George

Reaction score
Gents—trying to remember the name of this model AE that I’m wearing today. It’s a long-wing blucher. 97 last. Think it started with an “M…” Didn’t see it on the website, but it’s supposed to return in September. Ring any bells? It’s been on the tip of my tongue all morning. Thanks, in advance.
27E2751F-5E6F-4079-A5FE-1FD27889B821.jpeg

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Gents—trying to remember the name of this model AE that I’m wearing today. It’s a long-wing blucher. 97 last. Think it started with an “M…” Didn’t see it on the website, but it’s supposed to return in September. Ring any bells? It’s been on the tip of my tongue all morning. Thanks, in advance.
View attachment 1648307
Mac Duff?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.