• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we should get the Lombard Chelsea in shell for the trunk show! I mean, we never get a shell Chelsea because they are close to wholecuts, but the Lombard isn’t!

I don't think the lombard did especially well as a model.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But nobody has it in shell….

Chelsea boots are rarely ever in shell and with the unpopularity of the model, I just don't see it.

It could look real nice in shell, though, but I don't know if they would do it. It would probably take a lot of effort and it seems like it wouldn't make AE much profit.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snuff macsueades via trunk show.

crazy socks via kids.
CE9ACFD9-9DA6-4423-8E4B-9EF9256A274D.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chelsea boots are rarely ever in shell and with the unpopularity of the model, I just don't see it.

It could look real nice in shell, though, but I don't know if they would do it. It would probably take a lot of effort and it seems like it wouldn't make AE much profit.
Chelsea boots are rarely shell because they are made from only usually two or three large pieces of leather, and it is hard to get flawless pieces that large. That issue doesn’t exist for the Lombard because it isn’t made from just two pieces, but four smaller ones instead.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another in-office day! It is nice to be around my team…lot of great people. Rocking my trunk show Leeds and AE socks :cool:

View attachment 1632428

I don’t miss this though…
View attachment 1632429

Right on my Brother.
The Leeds have a master cool factor.
The team I'm part of is magical.
The traffic photo resembles my morning (every damn day).
The cancer patients are so damn sweet. Today, a patient said that I had a beautiful spirit and she wanted to introduce me to her daughter....

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't check the AE site for one day and miss out on all this awesomeness. The olive Liverpool is badass, and the loden Higgins is a long overdue addition that I think will do well. As nice as these options are, I thought my wallet was safe. That was until I saw the olive Landon. Holy s--t. That is on my list. Maybe not a buy for a while, but wow. Also, very happy to see the McT is back in a few colors.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score

Shell Chelsea’s have problems. Carmina did a run a while back and they supposedly had a bunch of problems with it. So I’d definitely understand AE not wanting to mess with it.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
I want a Group MTO—MacNeil To Order :)

Have @ae_ashley pass this on to Jim Kass (VP of operations at AE).

I understand the MacNeil was discontinued because the clunky gunboat, longwing style originating in the 1940s and the staple of the American man's wardrobe until the 1980s is no longer popular. The sales people in Chicago told me the older (Baby Boomer) accountants, lawyers, bankers and executive types would still occasionally buy the shell in black but the brown MacNeils wouldn't sell.

BUT...I'm thinking for a limited production run there is probably a market for MacNeil connoisseurs who appreciate the sturdy, masculine, double leather soles and who have nothing but scorn and derision for flimsy, streamlined modern faux Italian garbage (I'm talking to you, Magnanni). I don't know about you but I can't fight communism in lightweight shoes.
1625110097118.png

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have @ae_ashley pass this on to Jim Kass (VP of operations at AE).

I understand the MacNeil was discontinued because the clunky gunboat, longwing style originating in the 1940s and the staple of the American man's wardrobe until the 1980s is no longer popular. The sales people in Chicago told me the older (Baby Boomer) accountants, lawyers, bankers and executive types would still occasionally buy the shell in black but the brown MacNeils wouldn't sell.

BUT...I'm thinking for a limited production run there is probably a market for MacNeil connoisseurs who appreciate the sturdy, masculine, double leather soles and who have nothing but scorn and derision for flimsy, streamlined modern faux Italian garbage (I'm talking to you, Magnanni). I don't know about you but I can't fight communism in lightweight shoes.
View attachment 1633058
Oh Lady Ashley @ae_ashley is probably sick of my phone calls asking if a MacNeil has landed in Charleston. (She got me blue shell Mac 2nds last summer.)

I was late to the dance with MacNeils and should have scooped up burgundy and black shells when they were still in production (though I was told that I bought the last pair of Macs in 10eee black calf in the system…)

I’ve been picking up vintage Florsheim LWBs and will probably get Alden 975s (though I can’t quite dial-in the Barrie last for shoes—boots ok) to scratch the itch…

…but a Mac MTO? I’d buy ‘em in every color. Could even have it be part of the upcoming 100 year anniversary with “Independence Collection” touches.

Also—did I hear a rumor that Jim Kass left AE?

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to a lovely dinner with a lovely lady and kid, for a very special wedding anniversary.

7115CA08-7B4F-4792-BAE6-B6784795BA3E.jpeg

Wore Clark Streets for the occasion, even though we were on Lincoln. (They’re both angled in any case. )

55011B85-CC32-41A0-8CF3-F85480102E82.jpeg

Had some adult beverages, so took public transit for the first time since March 12, 2020

219784B0-9527-4A0B-8822-CCB905C7FE1E.jpeg

Nature is healing, y’all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy