• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love these! I was just finding out AE when these were being phased out. Wished I could’ve got a pair. I remember when there was a Strand in my size on the bank. Damn. Looks great!
Really glad I picked up the Strands in gray. I love how versatile they are. Colored laces can pair them with any color.
28F46E31-538A-4F7C-9CEC-94E8284B379D.jpeg
Now if only a blue (not navy) pair of Strands would appear in my size...

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really glad I picked up the Strands in gray. I love how versatile they are. Colored laces can pair them with any color.
View attachment 1512804
Now if only a blue (not navy) pair of Strands would appear in my size...
oooh. That cblue just didn't do it for me in person. Green? Good. Red? Loud, but good. Grey? I would have bought a couple years ago for sure, now I’ll pass. That blue though. Looked like @ProfilaBinding ’s new baby used crayons on it. More power to you; maybe I just saw a bad example.
97E2C56E-FFD1-4645-AAEF-56278FF93D24.png

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So today I was told if I could work a 14 hour shift, and I was ok with that. It's just two hours more than usual, but it turns out they want me to do it because some people in our office are sick and no one will be available until 8 AM in the morning. Covid is starting to get spread around way too easily now.

Take care of yourself man. I've been taking 1,000 mg of Vitamin C every day since March, and I've only gotten sick once since then. Some people taking extra Vitamin D might help too.

@AEfaninTampa those blue Strands sometimes look purple in certain lighting. I don't think they made many of them so it's probably going to be hard to find. I like them more than the midnight navy Strand.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
oooh. That cblue just didn't do it for me in person. Green? Good. Red? Loud, but good. Grey? I would have bought a couple years ago for sure, now I’ll pass. That blue though. Looked like @ProfilaBinding ’s new baby used crayons on it. More power to you; maybe I just saw a bad example.
View attachment 1512805

@ProfilaBinding , if the new super tough guy in the house is causing some issues with the crayons.... this might help, thank me later. Highly recommended and I know about these things as dad to a trouble making munchkin (the older one was much better, we can't figure out what went wrong this time).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So today I was told if I could work a 14 hour shift, and I was ok with that. It's just two hours more than usual, but it turns out they want me to do it because some people in our office are sick and no one will be available until 8 AM in the morning. Covid is starting to get spread around way too easily now.
When I was in corporate work, I was of the belief that 99% of the people working did only about 14 hours of real work a week. I proposed a concept, I called MON-FRI, in which everyone would come in on Wednesday, work 14 hours and take the rest of the week off. For some stupid reason MON-FRI didn't pass muster. Stupid corporate management.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Good evening, Gentleman--

Your opinions please regarding the Strand: Cigar or Dark Chili?

Thank you.

Dark Chili has been a stock color for some time. Cigar is only currently available in the Strand and Leeds which may mean it is being tested for a larger rollout and will become a stock color some time in the future or disappear forever. Cigar is brown-er with a patina effect. Chili is red-er with no patina.

So, how much do you really like each color? Ultimately, you are going to wear them so choose what you like.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1512747

@ae_ashley sorted everything out! I'm now getting three Hamiltons in MDC, Chili, and Bourbon!

Shout out to @MajorDash for recommending I reach out to her when I thought all hope was lost!

You're welcome. It happened to a lot of people, so you aren't alone. Lots of people posting on here, Reddit, and Facebook about how they hate AE and won't ever buy again because their order was cancelled.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're welcome. It happened to a lot of people, so you aren't alone. Lots of people posting on here, Reddit, and Facebook about how they hate AE and won't ever buy again because their order was cancelled.
There should have been better communication from AE.

pbrandes

Reaction score
Just arrived. Ignore the naysayers...

View attachment 1511932

+1

Like many previous commentators here I was extremely skeptical of these hybrid sneakers. Oxford uppers on sneaker soles is a jarring mismatch based on established rules of formality, so I completely understand the objections. They may be a bridge to far for some and that is a valid reaction, but at some point even the introduction of cap toes were a violation of familiar styles that preceded them.

So, on a whim I ordered Park sneakers in chili calf just to see how they look IRL. After all, I could always return so no down side. What surprised me is how much I like them.

First, they are extremely comfortable. The insole padding is springy but not squishy, with plenty of structural support. The fit is generous – I usually need a 9.5 EE for Strand/McCallister/Parks but 9.5 E is ample but not too loose. Paradoxically, I find the more traditionally "formal" Park smooth cap toe is inherently more sneaker-like than a "less formal" but more intricately brogued Strand, so there's less of a clash IMO.

I think both are well-suited to pandemic-imposed work-from-home, where so many of my AE shoes feel way overdressed for walking around the house. They're perfect for telework, running errands, etc. AE couldn't have timed the rollout better.

Rule violation notwithstanding, I think Shakespeare put it exactly right in King Lear, in reference to the illegitimacy of Gloucester's bastard child: "I cannot wish the fault undone, the issue of it being so proper."

IMG_4974.JPG

IMG_4975.jpg

Draconestra

Reaction score
I just got off a 2 week quarantine for being exposed to an asymptomatic person.

I had to do something similar to this back in July, it was not fun. Thankfully I wasn't exposed to any of these coworkers, I normally work the weekend and right now I'm just covering the night shift, and I hardly interact with anyone.

Take care of yourself man. I've been taking 1,000 mg of Vitamin C every day since March, and I've only gotten sick once since then. Some people taking extra Vitamin D might help too.

I should take some vitamins too, but I wonder if that would just make my allergies feel worse.

When I was in corporate work, I was of the belief that 99% of the people working did only about 14 hours of real work a week. I proposed a concept, I called MON-FRI, in which everyone would come in on Wednesday, work 14 hours and take the rest of the week off. For some stupid reason MON-FRI didn't pass muster. Stupid corporate management.

We may only have 14 hours of productivity but it's in bursts. Can't do it all at once. But I do believe this is partially true. I mean, I'm productive for maybe 6 hours out of the weekend taking care of paperwork or some orders. It's not the full 24 hours I'm working. Sometimes though, I am extra busy and need that hour lunch break to relax or else I'll go insane. Thankfully that doesn't happen often.

PANJ

Reaction score
Got it. For a short time when my wife dragged me kicking and screaming to live in NJ (oh, the horror), I rode this to the train station as well as on weekends, out to dinner, and for errands. I used it all year unless there was ice on the ground and wore LL Bean by Chippewa boots. Carried my "good shoes" in a backpack.

Honda SH150i
View attachment 1512601
So in one post you have managed to sh#t two things dear to me: my LL Bean Katahdin boots (my first pair of GYW, MiUSA shoes) and the great state of NJ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads