• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve seen several pairs of the Jingle Bell Moks and Santa Moks. And as someone pointed out, they are unlined. They have a single leather (butyl) sole. They are not exactly what I would spec for a full-price winter season shoe. When those were originally available a few years back, they were sold at a special (lower) price. As neat as they are, it’s hard for me to justify that price for a novelty shoe.

I have a pair of the Neumoks in the acorn hillfire leather. They have had a fair amount of wear but are not worn out. I was planning to sell them. Given the size 13B, there is not a huge market, so I would not get much by selling them.

This afternoon I had an idea. I’ve already got red and green leather dyes. (Who doesn’t?) Should I just Jingle-ize my existing Neumoks?
I’ve been ringing that bell for quite some time. Someone finally listened and made that gat dang Claus boot. The bastards.
Is it possible to find lasts for the AE shoes in ones collection? Or any brand lasts?
Check out the link for Neo’s size guide i posted a page ago. It’s not comprehensive of perfect lasts and missing some of the newest models, but it has a good amount of examples for each last.
Alden has the Alden Model Project.

Snowmaker

Reaction score
Red is listed and looks the same "distressed" leather, CXL, but the green is a more emerald green pebbled leather. Santa/JB Moks had the same leather for both: a brownish red and an olive green.

I would be SHOCKED if it wasn't lined, due to the extra work required to convert the Hamilton pattern to unlined. AE hasn't been keen on just not installing the liner on patterns that are lined in the past.

Could buy a brown Hammy and use red on the toe!

Haha, I'll wait for that one. I don't have those skills yet.

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Sullivan Streets off the street.
0FAC39E2-419E-4195-A244-BF4E355FDDA6.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, I mean get the actual last.
Get bespoke. They might let you keep the last.

Or, you could buy one of these and tweak it.

Not sure what you plan to accomplish with one though?

Pluripotent

Reaction score
Get bespoke. They might let you keep the last.

Or, you could buy one of these and tweak it.

Not sure what you plan to accomplish with one though?
I have a pair of Black Hills which they don't make anymore. I got them new in 2012. It's made on the 65 last. The lining is worn out and one of the heel counters is cracked. It has been one of my favorite pairs of shoes for a while. The uppers are still in pretty good shape. Getting close to needing a resole. Thinking about replacing the liner with either kangaroo or pig suede, but have to take the entire shoe apart for that. Would put in leather heel counters and new soles with stacked leather heel and rubber top, like it was when new, but better. Would be nice if I could also re-stretch it over the last during reassembly. Sending it off to someone to do this would cost more than I paid for the shoe. I think I got them on sale and paid less than $200 at the time. Or maybe they were a cheaper model, don't really remember.

PANJ

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the accuracy of the Shoebank web site vs. what you'll actually find in the store? Thinking about paying a visit to the my closest Shoebank store (2 hours away) on Friday or Saturday, but according to the website there are not a lot things in my size I am interested in. Any chance there is actually more variety than what shows up on the web page? Potential surprises? Thanks

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the accuracy of the Shoebank web site vs. what you'll actually find in the store? Thinking about paying a visit to the my closest Shoebank store (2 hours away) on Friday or Saturday, but according to the website there are not a lot things in my size I am interested in. Any chance there is actually more variety than what shows up on the web page? Potential surprises? Thanks
There may be more items. I’ve found more of the Nordstrom Rack items and clearances items that are not F2 and are never listed on the site

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally, I found that the Shoebank listings matched my store’s inventory. I sometimes found one or two pairs that weren’t listed. But they also had belts, socks, gloves, and some clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads