• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made a purchase...ended up buying Leeds in chili, antique welt, and double JR’s. I almost made a second purchase and would have gotten something in the marbled congnac, but couldn’t make up my mind. I wanted the Chili Leeds last time and didn’t make a purchase...so that was the easy one for me. Oh well, probably better that I didn’t.
Been there - done that...

20191209_144921.jpg

Last edited:

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really thought you guys would be into a lot of what we put out. I honestly thought you'd lose it over the natty Higgins returning too.
Please bring back the Academy (really any CXL PTB or derby)

Rithrin

Reaction score
I really thought you guys would be into a lot of what we put out. I honestly thought you'd lose it over the natty Higgins returning too.
Hey @ae_ashley , I really love these new combo (Hybrids? Multis? What does AE call these?) shoes with leather and wool. The mahogany is such a perfect winter color combination with that charcoal wool. However, I don't really know how I'd protect the wool and keep it lasting. Any official care instructions? The wool St. John's is likely going to push me over the edge on grabbing one.

Last edited:

JFWR

Reaction score
Black Tumbled Hamilton Cap-Toe Boot with Blue Dainite. Probably will get something in navy with Blue Dainite at the next TS. Heading to AE in a few minutes to purchase Landon in Green Shell with Double Rendenbach (unless I change my mind between here and there). View attachment 1467216View attachment 1467217
I have the Hamiltons with a regular black dainite sole and I have to say: I prefer it.

I personally think the blue is too flashy and too silly looking. I prefer the more conservative look with the black.

However, still beautiful boots!

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know what the one bad thing about the TS was?

Having to wait 9 weeks (!!!) for my green shell cordovan strands! I want them now, damnit!
The 4 year olds didn’t want to wait for the piñata either. We are right on track.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rudolphs year round.
8BA5D572-B52A-48CF-A5CD-87CC6B346A01.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of all the AE products, this is the one that begs the loudest for sole change options. Sadly, you cannot do so.

So when I first saw it, I wasn't sure what to think. It reminded me of a louder version of the Cole Haan wingtip boot. I actually have that boot and used to get a LOT of complements on it when I wore it. These days, I wear it for snow shoveling. The Park City is actually a good boot, but that HUGE wedge sole is not improved by being so contrasting (white) with the upper. However, I suspect that if you pair it with the right outfit, it actually isn't terrible. If the sole could be dark brown, it may also be better.

Attachments

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another new cxl boot.

So when I first saw it, I wasn't sure what to think. It reminded me of a louder version of the Cole Haan wingtip boot. I actually have that boot and used to get a LOT of complements on it when I wore it. These days, I wear it for snow shoveling. The Park City is actually a good boot, but that HUGE wedge sole is not improved by being so contrasting (white) with the upper. However, I suspect that if you pair it with the right outfit, it actually isn't terrible. If the sole could be dark brown, it may also be better.
Very similar to the Viberg boots I picked up.
D1E80027-1188-4E64-8850-963A82B22B0F.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami