• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hisheirness23

Reaction score

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hat people. Can you tell me if this hat is worth it from the catalog? Thinking about this but other than a $10 hat, I have nothing and know nothing.
253CDFEF-7276-41EB-B6B5-2DCB63142276.png

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hat people. Can you tell me if this hat is worth it from the catalog? Thinking about this but other than a $10 hat, I have nothing and know nothing.
View attachment 1468123
Not to me.
Crown doesn’t taper like a trilby typically does, but it sure has a narrow brim! Assume lower crown height too.
Wool... not even rabbit felt.
Cotton sweat band rather than leather. Maybe that’s a plus to some.
Not truly fitted; compromise fit. I don’t know about the block shape, but I assume round oval. I personally need an egg oval.

You could get a more fitted fur felt hat on sale for a similar price. My first nicer hat was a Stetson.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to me.
Crown doesn’t taper like a trilby typically does, but it sure has a narrow brim! Assume lower crown height too.
Wool... not even rabbit felt.
Cotton sweat band rather than leather. Maybe that’s a plus to some.
Not truly fitted; compromise fit. I don’t know about the block shape, but I assume round oval. I personally need an egg oval.

You could get a more fitted fur felt hat on sale for a similar price. My first nicer hat was a Stetson.
Thanks, I assume it is wool to fit the wool shoe motif. At least I know what to look for now.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1468123
I hate to do this to you. Next time you’re in downtown Chicago, stop by Optimo. I know very little about hats, so I was easily suckered into buying a nice straw for the summer. Lbvs! The selection they offer is amazing!

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a pair of suede Liverpool’s and wondering what is the best way to take care of them.

typically suede I brush and spray the saphir conditioning spray but from what I remember these were treated with water repellent at the factory so not sure if I should be doing a spray conditioner or beat treatment method.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's