• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oooohhhh - my birthday!
...Just in case you didn’t already have that in the huge file that you keep on me.
Bruce-Almighty-filing-cabinet-517x349.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hamilton buddies...question for you. These are a little tight around this area, just behind where the broguing cuts across. How likely are they stretch/give there as they break in? If they’re like the same color scheme unlined Strandmok...then I’m sure it’ll be fine. But if not then they might cause irritation

I know sinking in to the cork will help some. I definitely cannot size up any and have them fit the rest of my foot.

View attachment 1468532
Hamiltons are lined, so they won't be stretching as easily/much as the unlined moks. It will stretch some - you might consider wedging in a shoe tree with something in that area (maybe a wash cloth? a wood shim?) to add mass to help you stretch. I suggest putting that in after wearing them all day.
I don't feel like I can rely as much on the footbed molding to my food when it's the padded insole, like Hammies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know, if I remember correctly you bought multiple pairs! To me though I wish they had better support/comfort But that’s me being on my feet all day
I have sold off a few of the Caen boots, but still have 2 pair of Normandy 1.0. They have sort of become one of my actual have to do some work (yard, clean garage, etc) boots. Still have 3 pair of the Caen's as well.

schweezly

Reaction score
Hamiltons are lined, so they won't be stretching as easily/much as the unlined moks. It will stretch some - you might consider wedging in a shoe tree with something in that area (maybe a wash cloth? a wood shim?) to add mass to help you stretch. I suggest putting that in after wearing them all day.
I don't feel like I can rely as much on the footbed molding to my food when it's the padded insole, like Hammies.

fair enough, I should have known. I thought they’d fit like the mok in the same color. Oh well.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mid-60s today which, to me, is perfect Normandy weather. As much as they look like a sturdy winter boot, that's definitely not their time to shine. Nope, these unlined, leather-soled mofos are mainly for spring through fall. They really are super-comfortable though. I got onboard the Normandy train early and received a pair with a fair amount of factory-made distressing. I kind of wish I'd waited until they toned it down a little bit. I like the distressed look, I just wish more of it was from my own adventures. It's better when your boots just tell your own story.

IMG_4209.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mid-60s today which, to me, is perfect Normandy weather. As much as they look like a sturdy winter boot, that's definitely not their time to shine. Nope, these unlined, leather-soled mofos are mainly for spring through fall. They really are super-comfortable though. I got onboard the Normandy train early and received a pair with a fair amount of factory-made distressing. I kind of wish I'd waited until they toned it down a little bit. I like the distressed look, I just wish more of it was from my own adventures. It's better when your boots just tell your own story.

View attachment 1468616
Yours look hardly distressed compared to the first pair I got, which are MUCH more distressed now

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No matter how bad things are they could always be worse. Decided to start of the day making things worse by struggling to get grey suede Strandmoks (floppy tongued as they are) on. It's the sort of thing that teaches you to never give up.

IMG_5103.jpeg

While on the subject of never giving up, was finally able to add pictures to this post.

For fans of A-E In The Wild pictures, early in the morning on a day the weather prediction was around 107F.

IMG_5100.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, tea, a scone, and me.

IMG_5105.jpeg

The barber shop reopened again and yesterday was able to get a haircut after nearly four months since my last hair cut.

Last edited:

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this talk about Eagle County reminds me of all the Eagle River MTO's and GMTO's we did with Allison yesteryear.

Here's a good one:
Brown Grain Eagle River with mini lug tap soles.

eagle river 01.jpg

_MG_2983.jpg

_MG_2984.jpg

Eagle River 03.jpg

What's funny (and sad now) is that Paul G. would not only waive the custom fee, but would also let us take advantage of sale prices

AND would still significantly discount the price!!
I can't remember exact cost of these, but it was surprisingly low! I believe they were under $250.

The good old days.

Last edited:

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just took delivery of some wingtip boots in honor of Wednesday, as if I'm not in sticker shock enough from my first ever shell and TS purchase I turned around and the next day bought another pair of boots from another company, couldnt pass up the price on a pair of new GYW first quality boots.

Thursday Boots
20200930_164601.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics