• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So when I first saw it, I wasn't sure what to think. It reminded me of a louder version of the Cole Haan wingtip boot. I actually have that boot and used to get a LOT of complements on it when I wore it. These days, I wear it for snow shoveling. The Park City is actually a good boot, but that HUGE wedge sole is not improved by being so contrasting (white) with the upper. However, I suspect that if you pair it with the right outfit, it actually isn't terrible. If the sole could be dark brown, it may also be better.
I would like to see what it looks like with a Vibram Christy sole.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new Park City boot with the white sole reminded me of the tan Eagle County with the white Vibram Cristy sole.

26896D47-FC2D-4133-ADCD-B3C38E18803A.jpeg
AC080812-F448-40AF-82B3-D21F5DC2C427.jpeg

Personally, I prefer the looks of that Cristy sole. The new sole looks like it would be very flexible though.

Speaking of flexibility.... The location of those channels in the new sole are in an odd location. I feel like they should be moved to the forefoot area, where our feet flex. I feel like they should be removed from under the arch, which really should be more rigid and supportive in my opinion.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new Park City boot with the white sole reminded me of the tan Eagle County with the white Vibram Cristy sole.

View attachment 1468405View attachment 1468406
Personally, I prefer the looks of that Cristy sole. The new sole looks like it would be very flexible though.

Speaking of flexibility.... The location of those channels in the new sole are in an odd location. I feel like they should be moved to the forefoot area, where our feet flex. I feel like they should be removed from under the arch, which really should be more rigid and supportive in my opinion.
They're designed to be packed with mud for variable support.

donkeyhoatie

Reaction score
Another new cxl boot.

This is about 90% of the way to where I'd want a boot like this to be. It's in sort of the same sort of family as the old Eagle County, but with different leather, different lines and bright white wedge sole. Honestly, if that sole was off-white, like a Red Wing, or even the original Eagle County, I'd be much more into it. Heck, if it had white contrast stitching, like a Thorogood, I think that would also work in its favor.

Really like the chestnut color CXL. I think it's a great addition to the lineup and I hope it starts to spread out to a couple other pairs of footwear (if it hasn't already). The Waxed Suede version of the Park City has a much better looking wedge sole. Still not great, but better. I like the chances some of these new boots are taking, and I really like that they're coming out with some weatherproof versions like these. I'm going to give them some time to see if they grow on me a bit more.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 9.41.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 9.34.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 9.37.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 9.36.18 AM.png

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First wear chili shell strandCBFF1455-2B05-4B93-9F0A-0ED3DB913644.jpeg8E0BF6F8-F57D-40C0-B8CD-C427AD3126D9.jpeg

quite different indoors vs outdoors

Attachments

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Longwing Wednesday from the other guys.

PXL_20200930_145024842.jpg
PXL_20200930_144728523.jpg

schweezly

Reaction score
still intrigued by the
Another new cxl boot.

Am I the only one that sees it as a Normandy on a better sole? I liked the Normandy but it felt like walking on a piece of wood.

I’d actually like to try these on

edit: ohhh, that waxed one is tasty

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score

I think Park City is in Eagle County; my uncle lives there on Sullivan Street.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

schweezly

Reaction score
Hamilton buddies...question for you. These are a little tight around this area, just behind where the broguing cuts across. How likely are they stretch/give there as they break in? If they’re like the same color scheme unlined Strandmok...then I’m sure it’ll be fine. But if not then they might cause irritation

I know sinking in to the cork will help some. I definitely cannot size up any and have them fit the rest of my foot.

F7A5EB61-CA4D-49CA-9088-97EC0DA67182.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Eagle county is a much better looking boot, proportioned better, new boot looks a bit "clunky" to me. The sole just doesn't do it for me at all.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
still intrigued by the

Am I the only one that sees it as a Normandy on a better sole? I liked the Normandy but it felt like walking on a piece of wood.

I’d actually like to try these on

edit: ohhh, that waxed one is tasty
It does have a Normandy/Caen look to it. I happen to like the original Normandy sole

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's