• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

schweezly

Reaction score
What product do you like for “quieting” down leather shoes? Not sure if they’re dry, but I’ve got 2 pairs of Leeds that are loud when I walk. One cordovan and one calf.

I’m sure you know what I mean. Bend your knees and you get that “not quite squeak but loud”

I haven’t been wearing them for a few months due to the whole staying at home thing

rxcats

Reaction score
The green strands at the store is how the green looks indoors. Outdoors brings out the richness.

Ashley, is this an accurate representation of the current green shell cordovan? I've decided to order the Landon in either green shell or navy shell tomorrow through my SA. If the green shell looks like the shoes being posted here, that would be my first choice. The navy looked more navy than the green looked green when I was at the store yesterday. That was under the artificial light in the store. I suppose the navy would be more useful, but I love the look of the green from the photos being posted in this thread.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ashley, is this an accurate representation of the current green shell cordovan? I've decided to order the Landon in either green shell or navy shell tomorrow through my SA. If the green shell looks like the shoes being posted here, that would be my first choice. The navy looked more navy than the green looked green when I was at the store yesterday. That was under the artificial light in the store. I suppose the navy would be more useful, but I love the look of the green from the photos being posted in this thread.
This is green shell from last year
44E568AF-3706-4154-856D-47B4DAACBAC9.jpeg

And this is the same green shell next to navy
452A6A23-ABDD-448A-9AF2-AFB7DFA15A22.jpeg

But in dark light, that green looks like navy or even black
4F9CB3EB-5AF5-4853-969D-191157BAB695.jpeg

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
IMG_20200926_153622435_HDR.jpg

This is in direct sunlight outside, but inside, they are very dark. The previous poster was right; you will own both. They morph in various lights.

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What product do you like for “quieting” down leather shoes? Not sure if they’re dry, but I’ve got 2 pairs of Leeds that are loud when I walk. One cordovan and one calf.

I’m sure you know what I mean. Bend your knees and you get that “not quite squeak but loud”

I haven’t been wearing them for a few months due to the whole staying at home thing
Is it coming from the upper or the sole? If it's coming from the upper, try saddle soap. If that doesn't work send them to me. I have de-squeaker. No idea what it's made of but it works.

schweezly

Reaction score
Is it coming from the upper or the sole? If it's coming from the upper, try saddle soap. If that doesn't work send them to me. I have de-squeaker. No idea what it's made of but it works.
its the upper for sure, definitely not in the sole or anything. I’ll tried some saddle soap, thanks!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford