• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pair number 5 for the year arrived. Natty shell. Thanks @cincytri !

901702BE-3099-49AB-B896-6BE4D0E4B978.jpeg

rxcats

Reaction score
This is green shell from last year
View attachment 1466717
And this is the same green shell next to navy
View attachment 1466715
But in dark light, that green looks like navy or even black
View attachment 1466719
I've got both green & navy from last year's trunk shows. Both are gorgeous and both change colors from indoors and out. I think everyone here who has both will agree that if you buy one then the next trunk show you're going to buy the other. Inevitably, you're going to own both.
View attachment 1466741
This is in direct sunlight outside, but inside, they are very dark. The previous poster was right; you will own both. They morph in various lights.
Thanks to all for the replies/photo examples! I’m going for my initial choice of green shell for this trunk show. I’m sure I will indeed be adding navy next year. Definitely like the green when in natural sunlight and I suspect it will lighten up at least a little bit with age. I’ll be at my local AE store tomorrow afternoon! My SA said he’ll be in at noon.

rxcats

Reaction score
I think I’ll go with the Brown Welt & Edge and a Rendenbach Double Leather Sole with the Green Shell Cordovan Landon. Next year something in Navy Shell and perhaps a Blue Dainite Sole.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That blue Higgins looks so badass on the site. I wouldn't mind owning a pair, but the problem is, I would likely never wear them. I rarely wear boots as it is, and ordering a pair might seem like a waste (as in, someone else would get a lot more use out of them).

Mine are pretty great. (No pic on phone, but boot rotation is coming soon...)

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That blue Higgins looks so badass on the site. I wouldn't mind owning a pair, but the problem is, I would likely never wear them. I rarely wear boots as it is, and ordering a pair might seem like a waste (as in, someone else would get a lot more use out of them).

If you don’t want them to go to waste, order them in a 13B and have them shipped to me.
I’m a problem solver.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rainy day is Dainite day. MacNeil works.
C465032F-3270-49E1-879D-EDC43D342255.jpeg

schweezly

Reaction score
Last day of the TS...and I didn’t expect to be interested in the Park sneaker, but here I am.

I know they say they fit like a 65 shoe, but I wish we could know for sure. Cordovan, and sneakers, are usually a little more roomy

my interest is partially because they’d fit my wardrobe, bud also because you wouldn’t be stuck with the white sole. Being able to get Black sole and MIA is pretty cool (edit: maybe not MIA?)

That said...I love my Leeds and a pair of Dainite (gasp) would be useful too for wet days

Last edited:

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments