• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ashley, is this an accurate representation of the current green shell cordovan? I've decided to order the Landon in either green shell or navy shell tomorrow through my SA. If the green shell looks like the shoes being posted here, that would be my first choice. The navy looked more navy than the green looked green when I was at the store yesterday. That was under the artificial light in the store. I suppose the navy would be more useful, but I love the look of the green from the photos being posted in this thread.
This is green shell from last year
44E568AF-3706-4154-856D-47B4DAACBAC9.jpeg

And this is the same green shell next to navy
452A6A23-ABDD-448A-9AF2-AFB7DFA15A22.jpeg

But in dark light, that green looks like navy or even black
4F9CB3EB-5AF5-4853-969D-191157BAB695.jpeg

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ashley, is this an accurate representation of the current green shell cordovan? I've decided to order the Landon in either green shell or navy shell tomorrow through my SA. If the green shell looks like the shoes being posted here, that would be my first choice. The navy looked more navy than the green looked green when I was at the store yesterday. That was under the artificial light in the store. I suppose the navy would be more useful, but I love the look of the green from the photos being posted in this thread.
IMG_20200926_153622435_HDR.jpg

This is in direct sunlight outside, but inside, they are very dark. The previous poster was right; you will own both. They morph in various lights.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What product do you like for “quieting” down leather shoes? Not sure if they’re dry, but I’ve got 2 pairs of Leeds that are loud when I walk. One cordovan and one calf.

I’m sure you know what I mean. Bend your knees and you get that “not quite squeak but loud”

I haven’t been wearing them for a few months due to the whole staying at home thing
Is it coming from the upper or the sole? If it's coming from the upper, try saddle soap. If that doesn't work send them to me. I have de-squeaker. No idea what it's made of but it works.

schweezly

Reaction score
Is it coming from the upper or the sole? If it's coming from the upper, try saddle soap. If that doesn't work send them to me. I have de-squeaker. No idea what it's made of but it works.

its the upper for sure, definitely not in the sole or anything. I’ll tried some saddle soap, thanks!

rxcats

Reaction score
This is green shell from last year
View attachment 1466717
And this is the same green shell next to navy
View attachment 1466715
But in dark light, that green looks like navy or even black
View attachment 1466719
I've got both green & navy from last year's trunk shows. Both are gorgeous and both change colors from indoors and out. I think everyone here who has both will agree that if you buy one then the next trunk show you're going to buy the other. Inevitably, you're going to own both.
View attachment 1466741
This is in direct sunlight outside, but inside, they are very dark. The previous poster was right; you will own both. They morph in various lights.

Thanks to all for the replies/photo examples! I’m going for my initial choice of green shell for this trunk show. I’m sure I will indeed be adding navy next year. Definitely like the green when in natural sunlight and I suspect it will lighten up at least a little bit with age. I’ll be at my local AE store tomorrow afternoon! My SA said he’ll be in at noon.

rxcats

Reaction score
I think I’ll go with the Brown Welt & Edge and a Rendenbach Double Leather Sole with the Green Shell Cordovan Landon. Next year something in Navy Shell and perhaps a Blue Dainite Sole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads