• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting the Maxfield out.
8758B8D4-9F81-4925-B374-4DA85D794346.jpeg

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair of shell footwear. Add me to whatever spreadsheet is around.

Hamilton
Burgundy
Split reverse welt
Antique/whiskey welt and edge
Double JR soles

Though my first pair of shell, not my first horsehide product.
Nice jackets. I’ve been on somewhat of an Aero tear lately. An A-2, cafe racer and a hooch hauler. Keep an eye on the AE Cockpit jackets too! I picked up a G-1 during the last sale, but it was too large on me unfortunately.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice jackets. I’ve been on somewhat of an Aero tear lately. An A-2, cafe racer and a hooch hauler. Keep an eye on the AE Cockpit jackets too! I picked up a G-1 during the last sale, but it was too large on me unfortunately.
Nice! Yea, likewise. I have an August from Aero as well. Next up would be maybe an A-1 in tobacco badalassi with olive knits. I have some plans for an eventual Field Leathers and another Bill Kelso as well.

Hi, my name is Brian and I'm a leather addict.

vdubiv

Reaction score
How do people find the Patton to fit, compared to say a Higgins? I don’t love wearing full boots and like the shorter height. Do they fit just like a HM, or any difference? Let’s say compared to the CXL Higgins
Here's my take on the patton;
Nike and athletic shoes I'm 13D all day
I have the Higgins in CXL 13D, the fit feels like I'm wearing a 14E, I feel like I'm swimming in them.
Patton in Kudu 12D they fit like a glove, the height is comparable to a high top sneaker, much shorter and more comfortable than the Higgins, only thing I will note is that if I were to do it over agian I would have ordered the Patton in a 12E, had it not been a super soft leather with lots of give they possibly could have been a little on the snug side.
Though some people say leather boots should be tight the first few wears and that they will stretch and break in to the form of your foot.
Hope this helps

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! Yea, likewise. I have an August from Aero as well. Next up would be maybe an A-1 in tobacco badalassi with olive knits. I have some plans for an eventual Field Leathers and another Bill Kelso as well.

Hi, my name is Brian and I'm a leather addict.
Same. I think AE’s chili shell would be a pretty good match for my russet jerky horsehide jacket. Just wish the Dundee was in play for the trunker. Maybe next time.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair of shell footwear. Add me to whatever spreadsheet is around.

Hamilton
Burgundy
Split reverse welt
Antique/whiskey welt and edge
Double JR soles

Though my first pair of shell, not my first horsehide product.
You chose a great first shell boot! and those jackets
gettyimages-10131069-2048x2048.jpg
sweet!

Last edited:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh