• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

schweezly

Reaction score
How do people find the Patton to fit, compared to say a Higgins? I don’t love wearing full boots and like the shorter height. Do they fit just like a HM, or any difference? Let’s say compared to the CXL Higgins

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do people find the Patton to fit, compared to say a Higgins? I don’t love wearing full boots and like the shorter height. Do they fit just like a HM, or any difference? Let’s say compared to the CXL Higgins
I have several pairs of HMs and two pairs of Pattons. I find them to fit the same.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting the Maxfield out.
8758B8D4-9F81-4925-B374-4DA85D794346.jpeg

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair of shell footwear. Add me to whatever spreadsheet is around.

Hamilton
Burgundy
Split reverse welt
Antique/whiskey welt and edge
Double JR soles

Though my first pair of shell, not my first horsehide product.
D48BD6EE-1192-4BCA-B482-C5E578D75B8D.jpeg
30DB6EC6-EF26-45C2-B65E-DB9037AAA0CF.jpeg

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair of shell footwear. Add me to whatever spreadsheet is around.

Hamilton
Burgundy
Split reverse welt
Double JR soles

Nice jackets. I’ve been on somewhat of an Aero tear lately. An A-2, cafe racer and a hooch hauler. Keep an eye on the AE Cockpit jackets too! I picked up a G-1 during the last sale, but it was too large on me unfortunately.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice jackets. I’ve been on somewhat of an Aero tear lately. An A-2, cafe racer and a hooch hauler. Keep an eye on the AE Cockpit jackets too! I picked up a G-1 during the last sale, but it was too large on me unfortunately.
Nice! Yea, likewise. I have an August from Aero as well. Next up would be maybe an A-1 in tobacco badalassi with olive knits. I have some plans for an eventual Field Leathers and another Bill Kelso as well.

Hi, my name is Brian and I'm a leather addict.

vdubiv

Reaction score
Here's my take on the patton;
Nike and athletic shoes I'm 13D all day
I have the Higgins in CXL 13D, the fit feels like I'm wearing a 14E, I feel like I'm swimming in them.
Patton in Kudu 12D they fit like a glove, the height is comparable to a high top sneaker, much shorter and more comfortable than the Higgins, only thing I will note is that if I were to do it over agian I would have ordered the Patton in a 12E, had it not been a super soft leather with lots of give they possibly could have been a little on the snug side.
Though some people say leather boots should be tight the first few wears and that they will stretch and break in to the form of your foot.
Hope this helps

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! Yea, likewise. I have an August from Aero as well. Next up would be maybe an A-1 in tobacco badalassi with olive knits. I have some plans for an eventual Field Leathers and another Bill Kelso as well.

Hi, my name is Brian and I'm a leather addict.
Same. I think AE’s chili shell would be a pretty good match for my russet jerky horsehide jacket. Just wish the Dundee was in play for the trunker. Maybe next time.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hamilton
Burgundy
Split reverse welt
Double JR soles

You chose a great first shell boot! and those jackets
gettyimages-10131069-2048x2048.jpg
sweet!

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments