• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natty shell Strands to start the week and celebrate page 1000.

Happy tax day forumites!
View attachment 1160683
Natty shell Strands = mandatory like -- looking good!

Jumping into my week with some color 8 - shell jumper boots from Alden Madison. Have a good one fellas!

20190415_080223.jpg

20190415_080032-jpg.1160717

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1160739 Some shell Polos that have been ridden hard and put away wet a good number of times.
Have a good week!
Pre Orders on Great American Saddle shoes is my thing. Bring them on, Cordovan, Calf, spectator, suede. All are a buy in my mind.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking over the AE website and filtered highest rated. Strand weave is a 5.0 with at least 6 reviews, Umbria (Italian monk strap) 5.0 with about 6 reviews, Driggs Chukka 5.0 with about 3 reviews. All Three Kinds have 5.0 reviews but only one review. Some of the Strand weave reviews referred to their collection, you guys know who you are. Seems like even the Driggs is a score for the correct customer. We do not have to like everything that AE sells but the Driggs is still a head scratcher. At least the Three Kings in a well made shoe.

bpanicola

Reaction score
It looks like there is another run of the MD chukka that dropped. I have the last pair that don't fit me that I have yet to sell unworn. I need to figure out what size to order next. Either an 8EEE or 8 1/2D. I had ordered 8D thinking that the unlined nature would give me more room. I seem to recall that they were too narrow but also a bit short. I will try them on again and see what I think is best. I don't have anything else in the 511 last. I wear an 8EEE on the 65 last though they are roomy and I have 8D and 8E in HM boots, which I am somewhat in between the two. I wear the 8D with thin socks and the 8E with thicker socks. I also have an 8 1/2 E Cornwallis "in the lab" to borrow @St Hubbins terminology. Any thoughts?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to be trying on the following today:

Acheson, Macrae, Grayson, Mercer, Randolph, and Surrey Chukka(I just want to see how the 1757 fits).

How does one pronounce the Acheson and Macrae? is it Actkinson and Mack Ray?
Just give up on pronunciation. I pronounce them Ma Cray and Ach eh son but I am sure different SA's will pronounce it differently. I really like the Acheson in suede and the Grayson in calf. I need a report on the Mercer, the olive suede has kind of gotten to me.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just give up on pronunciation. I pronounce them Ma Cray and Ach eh son but I am sure different SA's will pronounce it differently. I really like the Acheson in suede and the Grayson in calf. I need a report on the Mercer, the olive suede has kind of gotten to me.

I really like the Acheson in snuff and blue but now they appear to be sold out in my potential sizes. I'm not expecting them to fit but wanted to try.

Macrae, Grayson and Randolph are likely my best options(2531, 97, 79). I would have liked to try on a 234 but if the Randolph works then I'd fell comfortable trying a 234.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to be trying on the following today:

Acheson, Macrae, Grayson, Mercer, Randolph, and Surrey Chukka(I just want to see how the 1757 fits).

How does one pronounce the Acheson and Macrae? is it Actkinson and Mack Ray?
Do note that I've seen some variance in the fit between difference models. The HM seems to fit a bit larger than my Bowery or Sonorans. I recall Neo found that the Surrey fit narrower than the HM. So, at least from my small reporting sample, the HM is the outlier in fit.

schweezly

Reaction score
If given a choice, do you prefer a tighter toe box or a looser heel? I don’t mean a ton of heel slip, but more side to side room.

In a perfect world, shoes fit great all around. However that’s not the case for me. It’s something I’ve struggled with because one of my feet is about 1/4 bigger (primarily in my small toe area)

Just wondering peoples thoughts

Last edited:

JohnPatShop

Reaction score
Looking over the AE website and filtered highest rated. Strand weave is a 5.0 with at least 6 reviews, Umbria (Italian monk strap) 5.0 with about 6 reviews, Driggs Chukka 5.0 with about 3 reviews. All Three Kinds have 5.0 reviews but only one review. Some of the Strand weave reviews referred to their collection, you guys know who you are. Seems like even the Driggs is a score for the correct customer. We do not have to like everything that AE sells but the Driggs is still a head scratcher. At least the Three Kings in a well made shoe.
Thank you!

I actually like the Driggs as a silhouette, especially as a blue suede derby. Fashion sneakers are great. Just not at $350 or $400 and imported, not MiUSA. Too many equal alternatives

derekstanggt

Reaction score
Received my pair of 2nd Walnut Strands last week (2nds because they're darker than normal) and I cannot muster up the courage to wear them out. Those pristine leather soles are just too beautiful to mess up. BTW, I might even call these Strands Coffee, they're pretty dark.

IMG_20190411_220947.jpg

IMG_20190411_155333.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads