• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True, most folks could not understand that leap of trust. The internet is a cruel place for trusting soles, and generally, I am not one. I never felt any risk and would have appreciated your help regardless of shoe outcome.

Your Proxy help will always be part of their story for me. :) It would have been hard to see everyone else's bourbon if that trip had cost me these.

Raining today, so 2014 beater shell gets the call.
View attachment 1144282 View attachment 1144283
I love that @BagleyBrown ! Beater Shell™️

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got my new HMs and there’s a chance of rain today.
A chance of rain means that there is also a chance it’s not going to rain!
Those boots aren’t going to wear themselves TM.

CA4BC284-83CE-47FC-BA12-A06094B93229.jpeg

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1144346

That's the spirit. Half the fun is in the patina and maintenance process anyways.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1144346

That's the spirit. Half the fun is in the patina and maintenance process anyways.

Yes, agree.

It is really something how many TS gems are coming through, seems likely that this TS will flavor this thread for years to come.

I stayed out of TS 2017, curious if those who bought could comment on differences in experience.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. Lots a great photos recently and super TS shoes and boots. Yep, I'm still waiting for a shipping notice along with some of the others. So for today, #8 medallion cap toe from the other company. I REALLY wish a Strand would fit me like this. I blame my feet and not the 65 last.

View attachment 1144329
I blame your wait on AE SA spies who know how long you are used to waiting for Shell. Even 12 weeks is a significant improvement over the other guys.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1144346
Atta guy! weasel bonus points awarded

Yes, agree.

It is really something how many TS gems are coming through, seems likely that this TS will flavor this thread for years to come.

I stayed out of TS 2017, curious if those who bought could comment on differences in experience.
Its already legendary to me (I also just lurked through the last one. Wasn't that 2016? poor medium term memory)

View attachment 1144388
Wearing green at the office.
So much awesome

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those may be the best pair of Cornwallis ever...

Thanks!

His garnett pair are epic though...

I have many favorite pairs but I really love that style. There was a point when I was going to order several adelaides from several makers haha. As of now the now 2 pairs of Cornwallis are the only ones I have.

Man, all you guys are making me feel like a fool for even wanting to order some Achesons or Strands that obviously won't be TS orders...

I stayed away from shell for a while. I couldn't understand spending so much for them. Now... I have no real justification that makes any sense, I have enough shoes to wear them for life. So now I just tell myself its better than whatever alternative way I'd waste money. In any event, it isn't like I stopped buying non-shell models. Basically what I'm saying is, buy them, not a fool.

Yes, agree.

It seems like there are fewer QC issues and generally happy people this go around. It was a little less complicated to order them off the bat last time (perhaps because it wasn't quite as hyped? not sure). Both of my experiences were good though.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Starting to feel that St. Patty Day vibe...
View attachment 1144424
Green shell Randolphs today.

I continue to search for proper socks to wear with green shoes.

The socks look good.

And St Patrick, Lord of the Shell, approves!

It seems like there are fewer QC issues and generally happy people this go around. It was a little less complicated to order them off the bat last time (perhaps because it wasn't quite as hyped? not sure). Both of my experiences were good though.

Thanks, was curious. I stayed out iirc because I felt I had covered those bases in TS2015, TS2017 was too similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads