1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by St Hubbins, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Shoes4play

Shoes4play Senior Member

You got Horween bags?

2. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Senior Member

Man, Bagley those both look awesome! I'm so stoked you finally got this shipment and I can stop worrying that somehow I screwed up your bourbon HMs. If they'd come in badly or, heaven forbid, not come in at all, I would have felt terrible about it especially knowing how badly you wanted that makeup. Now, I no longer have to have even the slightest bit of guilt wearing my HMs out and about (2x in the past 6 days!).

I was talking with a good friend of mine who says he loves shoes, but really just loves trendy cemented garbage, and was trying to explain the Trunk Show to him. He had trouble wrapping his brain around the fact that a bunch of us were dropping $700 on a pair of shoes. But, he had even more trouble wrapping his brain around the fact that I proxied a pair for Bagley.

He essentially said, "Let me get this straight, a guy you've never met in real life, or even talked to on the phone willingly sent you a gift card for over $700 and trusted you'd actually follow through and not just take off with his money? All because you hang out on the same forum and geek out over shoes? Man, the internet is a weird place."

True 'dat. I guess I'd never really thought about it that way, but yeah, I'll say it. Thanks for trusting me with this one, Bagley.

These have been a really fun past couple of weeks on the board, seeing all the awesome shoes roll in. The level of excitement has been through the roof. I have been blown away by how great everything has turned out to this point. For those of you still waiting, I hope your wait ends really soon.

Giddy-up!

3. schweezly

schweezly Senior Member

Glad all of you are enjoying your TS shoes. I’m over here just hoping a pair of 10E strands become available as seconds

4. Shoes4play

Shoes4play Senior Member

That is so cool.

5. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Senior Member

Yup, you tried. And, you would've been successful if I hadn't been so broke. The blues that have come out of this Trunk Show have been awesome. Hopefully, in another life they'll be a reality for me. In the meanwhile, I'm holding out hope that at some point AE will offer a tan Dublin HM. That's the last one on my list that I'd be willing to pay pretty much any price for.

6. instigateur

instigateur Distinguished Member

Wet and warmer again today.

Vintage Barrie LTD Booters longwings today.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190314084328266_COVER.jpg

7. jet-stream

jet-stream Distinguished Member

Pics tomorrow in better light. The news is good.

Yup. It was a pleasant surprise!

8. BFT9000

BFT9000 Senior Member

The first pair I got didn't come with Horween bags, but the next three a week later all did. Weird.

9. cincytri

cincytri Active Member

TS offerings look amazing. Still patiently waiting for my bourbon FA and brown HM, but all these awesome photos are starting to wear on me a little. Sounds like my HM were damaged and they had to remake which is totally fine with me. I'd rather they come out right with a little delay. The FA, however, are done and no shipping notice which I consider a little mean. I've got the fever, and the only prescription is more shell!!!

10. Shoenut

Shoenut Distinguished Member

93856D30-3766-4310-8C80-A83E0B009C26.jpeg
    Stirling for a casual Friday.

11. EZB

EZB Distinguished Member

For the HM, a 10D works better for me, so that’s what I ordered.

12. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

Yep a little more delay should be no problem. AE is cranking the TS boots out at a brisk pace (compare wait times of other makers) and the quality level has been very high indeed. When you get your hands on those 2 pairs you ordered you will know the little extra time was worth it. Also the FAs could show up any time, maybe today, as they seem to have abandoned email notifications.

13. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

My first two didn't get bags, but last week's four did. White bags though.

14. AEfaninTampa

AEfaninTampa Senior Member

F R I D A Y ! ! ! !

Does that convey enough excitement?

Some green shell Strands that will get another wearing on Sunday, too.
    353ABA7F-1C40-4E4D-977D-F5DB13461C12.jpeg
    D11E7BD7-24A4-4713-A54F-C10270BAD8E1.jpeg
    Have an awesome day and hope that FedEx driver delivers some goodies for you today.

P.S. If FedEx didn’t deliver yesterday, have you thought about leaving out some cookies and milk? Might help, just sayin’.

15. armedferret

armedferret Distinguished Member

Good news everyone.

After class I have some laundry to do.

Then I'm off on the road to BFE (Cottle County) Texas for a little rendezvous with this guy. Or one of his many (many many) side hoes. The Sturgi (Sturgises? Sturgii?) will be getting very patinated....and hopefully bloody. More to follow.

40103317_10211747037984008_7671162244670947328_o.jpg