• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New to me brown suede Saukvilles for this chilly wingtip Wednesday, courtesy of @audog

View attachment 1278564

These have been a goal of mine ever since my order for them was canceled due to them being out of stock. I’ll likely wear them as in through the winter and then try to get them resoled into some leather outsoles.

If anyone is looking for a loden suede pair in 9.5d, let me know!
Wear them in good health my friend.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Red might look ok, they are one of the boots I wish AE would bring back.
+1 on them being a great boot.

I've collected some quotes on having them done by a cobbler with Vibram Christy soles as @Nick V. mentioned. I'll probably go that route and keep the look of the white sole. Bedos will do them for $180, plus do another little repair.

When AE sewed the leather pull tabs on the back of my Eagle Counties, they used a very fine stitch which effectively perforated the leather. I'm good to unlace my boots, but both pull tabs ripped in the first year of ownership. When I get them resoled, I'll get this addressed as well.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this talk about good shoes/boots for winter got me thinking I should post a picture of my new car's new winter shoes (spoilered in case you're not interested):

G70-winter-wheels.jpg

And, to keep this very nearly on-topic, here's a spoilered pic of my (non-AE) footwear today:

Viberg x Division Road Oiled Mocha Rowdy Horsebutt Service Boots:

20191113_vibergs.jpg

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love these pics, that olive sole looks like great fun to play with.

And Bourbon Mills ... think I'd like that olive sole on bourbon too!

I will be appreciating AE's 2019 overall body of work for many years to come.

View attachment 1278513

View attachment 1278514

View attachment 1278515
w Zilli cotton and cashmere cords
Those are beautiful shoes. In the first photo I thought they were shaved shell.

Simply stunning. Bourbon seems to be a bit of a changeling/chameleon and I think those are some of the best examples I have ever seen

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 132 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 249 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.6%
  • 31 - 40