• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1277873View attachment 1277874View attachment 1277876
Was pleasantly surprised to come home to these today! Now just waiting on my Jingle Bell-Mok
Love these pics, that olive sole looks like great fun to play with.

Happy Wednesday forum friends!

TS19.2 orders continue to trickle in, I had to skip wingtip Wednesday and give these new Bourbon HMs a maiden voyage.

Like so many here, I'm really enjoying this boot and am looking forward to a few more still in the pipeline. I've posted before how disappointed I was that AE can no longer recraft my Eagle Counties (which I have worn to death). I'll always love those old boots, but HMs make it a LOT easier to cope with.

View attachment 1278507
And Bourbon Mills ... think I'd like that olive sole on bourbon too!

I will be appreciating AE's 2019 overall body of work for many years to come.

w Zilli cotton and cashmere cords

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't interpreting it as you bashing them.
I know that several people get confused/frustrated that they aren't connected. So, I just thought I'd mention to people that it seems easy on the face, but sometimes on the back end things don't mesh as cleanly as you'd expect.
:fonz:

lemmy127

Reaction score
This are Hertling made for Epaulet.
Dang. I can't find RTW flannels that I'm interested in this winter. I want something tan to mid-brown, woollen/carded, flat front, sufficient rise (+11") and not too slim for my runner's legs, and not cost an arm and a leg. Feels like I'm searching for a unicorn. Epaulet comes so close... if only the Taylor fit didn't have pleats.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Wednesday forum pals. Take a break from the drama and do a little shoe maintenance with a favorite adult beverage. Or better yet, cruise the ol' interwebs until you find a new pair that you can't live without.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to go to Tomorrowland, or any of the other big events out this way, however I am an aging raver as well, and I'm sure if I brought it up to my wife she would remind me I'm not a little kid anymore.
Average age at TML is late 30s. That's average. And this was at EDC this year. (It was oddly chilly, 40s and 50s hence the excessive clothing)

20190519_225626.jpg

Alan (in the middle) is a DC area local and widely recognized as that guy on fb and yt raving out to drum n bass at EDC. Grandfather and avid member of the DC clubbing scene too. Total inspiration. As he says, "rave to the grave".

As an on topic portion, boot season means boot review season. Sneak peek at a writeup for another site.

20191113_113435.jpg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Average age at TML is late 30s. That's average. And this was at EDC this year. (It was oddly chilly, 40s and 50s hence the excessive clothing)

View attachment 1278536

Alan (in the middle) is a DC area local and widely recognized as that guy on fb and yt raving out to drum n bass at EDC. Grandfather and avid member of the DC clubbing scene too. Total inspiration. As he says, "rave to the grave".

As an on topic portion, boot season means boot review season. Sneak peek at a writeup for another site.

View attachment 1278538
Burgundy, walnut, and coffee?

DapperAndy

Reaction score
Since I'm wearing PTBs today, here's Wingtip Wednesday with Michael Baldinger's amazing custom green AE Daltons using Pure Polish.
pure-polish-mbshoedoc-ae-dalton-boots-green - 2.jpgpure-polish-mbshoedoc-ae-dalton-boots-green - 3.jpgpure-polish-mbshoedoc-ae-dalton-boots-green - 4.jpg

Milksteakboiledhard

Reaction score
New to me brown suede Saukvilles for this chilly wingtip Wednesday, courtesy of @audog

7C1BF029-67BE-4F6B-91E4-57CCEAC030BC.jpeg

These have been a goal of mine ever since my order for them was canceled due to them being out of stock. I’ll likely wear them as in through the winter and then try to get them resoled into some leather outsoles.

If anyone is looking for a loden suede pair in 9.5d, let me know!

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, these spam emails are really starting to dial me in.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.