• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snobol323

Reaction score
Frequent lurker, highly-infrequent poster. At any rate, here's my humble submission for today - brown CXL Higgies. Not nearly as cool as the exotic TS items being posted, but I like them.

Attachments

• IMG_4139.jpg
    IMG_4139.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 32

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New to me brown suede Saukvilles for this chilly wingtip Wednesday, courtesy of @audog

View attachment 1278564

These have been a goal of mine ever since my order for them was canceled due to them being out of stock. I’ll likely wear them as in through the winter and then try to get them resoled into some leather outsoles.

If anyone is looking for a loden suede pair in 9.5d, let me know!
Wear them in good health my friend.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Red might look ok, they are one of the boots I wish AE would bring back.
+1 on them being a great boot.

I've collected some quotes on having them done by a cobbler with Vibram Christy soles as @Nick V. mentioned. I'll probably go that route and keep the look of the white sole. Bedos will do them for $180, plus do another little repair.

When AE sewed the leather pull tabs on the back of my Eagle Counties, they used a very fine stitch which effectively perforated the leather. I'm good to unlace my boots, but both pull tabs ripped in the first year of ownership. When I get them resoled, I'll get this addressed as well.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this talk about good shoes/boots for winter got me thinking I should post a picture of my new car's new winter shoes (spoilered in case you're not interested):

G70-winter-wheels.jpg

And, to keep this very nearly on-topic, here's a spoilered pic of my (non-AE) footwear today:

Viberg x Division Road Oiled Mocha Rowdy Horsebutt Service Boots:

20191113_vibergs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads