• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well it's an easy mistake to make with marriage changing one's name!

Wow, that is some high praise of GS...

those are what I wanted. Gorgeous. I'll never get my size in seconds, so I had to look elsewhere. Jealous.

You're right. All my boots thus far are Barrie though... I've really been lusting after that style boot and with it being suede, I can go for a tanker style design for a casual shoe.
You don't own GS since you can't get them in widths, correct?

I'm really excited! Why do you like Leo better? Well I wonder when they'll ship since it's said next week for a few days...
20190731_153718.jpg

They're a very substantial pair of loafers, and the others definitely are right about being a solid make. (I still prefer AE's and especially Alden's interpretation more aesthetically)

They do actually have some E and EEE options. Those that they do have are redundant or more chunky/blobby/casual than I'm after. Otherwise, i'd probably have another pair or two

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to honest here. Those turned out far better than I imagined in my mind. I wasn't so sure it would work with the shaved, but this has proved me wrong. Doesn't look too busy at all, and looks pretty stunning.

I love how PW decided to use the darkest shell for the toe caps, middle tones for the heel, and lighter shell everywhere else. The buff welt looks amazing with the marbled shell, and I really like the cream-colored welt stitching and black uppers stitching.

Can't wait to break these in and see how they patina. Still blows my mind we're living in the timeline where AE is using marbled shell.

AntiqueCherryShellStrand_1.jpg

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
So today's fun:
1) Trunk Show order gets delivered tomorrow. Super excited.
2) the RDA sale finally got me. A belt and I finally caved and got a pair of St. John's.
3) Saw the most beaten pair of AE's yet. They sit at an almost 45 degree angle with no feet in them. And the dainite was toast. I don't have a good way to describe it.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy wingtip Wednesday forum pals. Time for some MacNeils. I actually have these listed on Ebay, but I may just keep them.

View attachment 1265013
Well at least you took it a step further than I did. Or maybe in reverse. I haven't worn my natty or navy pairs with the intent to sell them but I haven't posted them on ebay yet. I'm bad about letting pairs go....
:/ me too. Mine are even quarantined and have pics done...
Hoping my chili pair with buff edge look similar to that!

I still haven’t received a shipping notification for either of my trunk show pairs. Feeling very left out lol

Aaaaannnd, they are gone, someone else can enjoy them now. Off to a new home.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey fun anecdote.

I got a bow tie in the color scheme of the flag of France. Figured it would be a fun addition to Friday's festivities. Had to order it special delivery from the UK.

It's the wrong friggin way around. The red is on the left, blue is on the right when viewed by anyone.

Which is of course the flag of (among others) the Rwandan Patriotic Front. You know, the ones who started that whole civil war Hutus/Tutsis thing, with the machetes and the arm removal and such.

What a nice thing to wear to an embassy party eh?

Update (also covered later in the thread but hey who knows i may not be the only skimmer :hide: ) if I tie it left-handed it comes out properly. I am not left-handed. It's every bit as awkward to watch as you may think. I'm starting to really appreciate that whole 1776 thing that happened.
Can't you flip it over?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't you flip it over?

That's not how self-tie bow ties work. If it had a design that was upside down, then yes. But the tie's tips on both ends are red, with a white section next, and then blue the nearest the middle. When you tie it (right-handed) the blue comes to the wearer's left (viewer's right). Opposite what it should be.....regardless if it's "flipped over".

A pre-tied bow tie, then yes. That would work.

Tying it left-handed reverses it. Thankfully.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love how PW decided to use the darkest shell for the toe caps, middle tones for the heel, and lighter shell everywhere else. The buff welt looks amazing with the marbled shell, and I really like the cream-colored welt stitching and black uppers stitching.

Can't wait to break these in and see how they patina. Still blows my mind we're living in the timeline where AE is using marbled shell.

View attachment 1265362

1. I'm glad they turned out well.
2. Most importantly, I'm glad to see you wearing STRANDS again.
3. I hope they use the same cream welt stitching on my bourbon pair.
4. I passed on ordering the tan Strandmok :( (for now).

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1265362
Do these make pair #49??? If so, update your tag line!

BTW, those are freakin gorgeous!

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are what I wanted. Gorgeous. I'll never get my size in seconds, so I had to look elsewhere. Jealous.
Thank you Sir. I got crazy lucky, lurking on eBay in the wee hours of the morning. They popped up, and I pounced. The Plaza last has not fit me well in the past, but these suede boot are heavenly.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so it turns out if you take ambien and then have a needy subordinate texting you, and you miss the "window" to get to sleep, it gets weird.

in my defense, this person requested a drill day tomorrow (making up for a non-mandatory weekend earlier). and did not check to see if it was approved until.....tonight. at 10pm. the night before he wanted to be on orders.

logic would dictate you check that a few days in advance.

and now it's gonna be a WEIRD night, cause i missed the "fall asleep NOW" window.

unf.

wife already hid the car keys. last time this happened we (apparently) went to walmart and bought all the rick and morty lego sets. #alwaysanadventure

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. I'm glad they turned out well.
2. Most importantly, I'm glad to see you wearing STRANDS again.
3. I hope they use the same cream welt stitching on my bourbon pair.
4. I passed on ordering the tan Strandmok :( (for now).

It was tough quitting cold turkey, but now I'm back on the Strand train! Onwards to 100 and beyond!

I don't wanna weasel you, but the tan Strandmok is amazing, especially at RDA pricing. Don't do something you'll live to regret, PB.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do these make pair #49??? If so, update your tag line!

BTW, those are freakin gorgeous!

These make #48, and the incoming chili shell Strand will make #49.

I'm afraid to say the last few hours of RDA sale broke my admittedly non-existent self control and now I have some non-shell semi-brogue cap toe oxfords on the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads