• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey fun anecdote.

I got a bow tie in the color scheme of the flag of France. Figured it would be a fun addition to Friday's festivities. Had to order it special delivery from the UK.

It's the wrong friggin way around. The red is on the left, blue is on the right when viewed by anyone.

Which is of course the flag of (among others) the Rwandan Patriotic Front. You know, the ones who started that whole civil war Hutus/Tutsis thing, with the machetes and the arm removal and such.

What a nice thing to wear to an embassy party eh?

Update (also covered later in the thread but hey who knows i may not be the only skimmer :hide: ) if I tie it left-handed it comes out properly. I am not left-handed. It's every bit as awkward to watch as you may think. I'm starting to really appreciate that whole 1776 thing that happened.

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep you are right. Was still thinking of it as a g35. As for the GTI, obviously mine wasn’t a GTI but it had WAY too many repairs including a partial engine rebuild for a “if impacted only” type of recall where it ate oil in less than a week. Got rid of it before 90k miles. Carmax apparently won’t even put them on the lot over 75k as they have too many problems.

Did they make the new Supra (BMW) in a manual option. I didn’t see it though I didn’t look very hard.
After years and years of Jeeps, I finally had enough, and bought the GTI that I had wanted for years. So glad I did, every time I get in and drive, it's fun. Thing can be a daily driver and still go like a bat out of hell when I want it to, which is often. I plan on keeping it a long time.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey fun anecdote.

I got a bow tie in the color scheme of the flag of France. Figured it would be a fun addition to Friday's festivities. Had to order it special delivery from the UK.

It's the wrong friggin way around. The red is on the left, blue is on the right when viewed by anyone.

Which is of course the flag of (among others) the Rwandan Patriotic Front. You know, the ones who started that whole civil war Hutus/Tutsis thing, with the machetes and the arm removal and such.

I'm beyond livid with the seller.
I don't blame you, they probably thought it was the French flag, but didn't tie it to see......

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't blame you, they probably thought it was the French flag, but didn't tie it to see......

Nah they make a pre-tie and self-tie version; the pre-tied is the proper way but the self-tie only results in the wrong way round.

Unless i tie it left-handed maybe?

FFS it took me like a month doing it the natural way......

I'm far too tired and frustrated for this today.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How in the hell could they make that mistake??? Sorry, so just wear a USA Stars and Stripes and be done with it.

I don't have one of those but I have a purple one with horses on it.

And a burgundy one with thompson machine guns.

:hide:

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just filled my blue suede hole right before GS dropped their new boot. Fortunately these were seconds.
IMG_20191011_1339564.jpg
I know, I know! I'm not THAT far behind the times! ;)

Well I'm just south of you so it shan't be long. Interesting... Well it'll be faster than expected.

Yes blue suede NST. Been eyeing the AOM makeup but I just can't shell out that much cash for suede now. @Neo1 posted it the other day and it was about the most impulse buy I've ever made... :devil:
I sold my Alden Blue Suede NST (not exactly the right fit) in anticipation of the GS. Mine should be shipped soon (I hope)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since there are some "new veterans" on board now, I figured I'd give my 2 cents as I've seen these enough in person. Others please correct me if I post anything that's incorrect.

1. The Rudolph is a 65-lasted balmoral, basically the brown (brush-off) Strandmok platform with a red-colored captoe. Danite outsole. Believe this is unlined.
2. The Jingle Bell Mok is a 65-lasted balmoral, basically a mix of the red and green Neumok 1.0 platform. Single oak. Believe this is also unlined.
3. The Santa Mok is a 65-lasted balmoral boot, basically the Cronmok in red & green. Single oak. I think these were also unlined.
4. The "brown" Neumok 1.0 and a couple of the Cronmoks used a softer, more elastic leather than the rest. The holiday collection do NOT use leather like that.
5. The green is quite a bit darker than the red on the Moks and hence creates more of a contrast, similar to a spectator pattern. The Rudolph red captoe is definitely unmistakable but in low/dim light with tan laces it could probably pass as a regular shoe. Maybe.
Agree with everything. Will be ordering Santa Mok. Wish it was the crazy first run butter soft leather!

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just filled my blue suede hole

:hide:

Update: I have to tie the damn thing left-handed. So that's gonna be fun.

At least I won't be attending an Embassy black tie party displaying my unwavering support for genocide, so you know.

There's that.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey fun anecdote.

I'm beyond livid with the seller.
Get a big mirror in front of you and walk backwards at the festivities.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1265233

A second AE sighting on my flight back to Chicago. Bourbon calf Fifth Ave complete with tiger stripes. He’s across the aisle from me.

Oh. By the way. The TSA at TYS pulled me aside and went over the shoes in my carryon like I was trying to blow up the plane. At ORD nobody cares.
Update. This guy was also not an enthusiast. Complained that they weren’t that comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads