• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Paging @M635Guy. The Grant Stone Leo last fits like Alden's Barrie?

So if I am reliable 11D in all AE and a solid 10.5D in Barrie, GS' Leo last (boot) should fit me in a 10.5D?

Thinking seriously about pulling the trigger on a boot of theirs. ALSO, it says ships next week... When does that mean it'll actually hit my doorstep?

Anyone else can chime in! Thanks!!
This is an AE thread, BUT>>>>>>>> I'd say 10.5 D and depends on where you live. I'm in Central Illinois and I get stuff from GS the day after they ship (UPS). Of course you are talking about the Blue Suede NST, right? Should ship end of THIS week as notice has been there since last week.........

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
I prefer leather, but I have ZERO issues with Dainite. It's a perfectly fine sole for boots or casual shoes. On dress shoes it's clownish, and without a midsole, they could cause a feeling of walking on cleats until the nubs wear down a bit.

This was one area where I've really changed my view over time. I've always preferred toby mini-lug or the equivalent (or the new It'sHide) but I absolultely 100% prefer danite. Lots of times I won't even look at something if it doesn't have danite. V-tread is like my bare minimum, but I'll take danite over v-tread anyday, anytime.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving enthusiasts rejoice.

In the age of "everything has a flappy paddle because it's faster and better and that's an end of it" Aston Martin have said "erm, no, Govnah."

Yea that looks awesome although I’d be happy in a manual Porsche too. Sadly there are not many options anymore. BMW still has a few though I hear it’s on the way out too. Lexus are gone, Audi is gone (not that I’d ever buy one of these things again), Mercedes gone unless the GT is but again we are back in the vantage price range. Jaguar has it in the smaller engine for the f type but cmon I trust a jaguar’s reliability about as far as I could throw it. Infiniti nixed it in the Q60 line (could get a Nissan GT-R though and they are sweet). 370z needs an update and is impractical. WRX STI is nice unfortunately it has a reputation down here of punk kid car despite an MSRP over 40k. VW was on my list till my Audi erm... was nice as long as it was under warranty? I’ve neglected American cars... and I’ll continue to seeing as Chevy decided it was too hard to make a manual corvette. Maybe they should ask Aston Martin how they did it. Shelby I guess, not really my style but I know many love it. Mini Cooper? Little small for me. For whatever reason these fuel efficient turbo 2.0L with like 200 hp are all the rage despite no pickup. Mercedes figured out how to get 375hp out of a 2.0 (actually 382 in the new one I think). I hope by the time I get around to another car there are still some options left but I am not holding my breath.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, my First Avenues feel large as well. I haven't noticed a similar issue with my Rogues which feels relatively similar to a Strand to me (maybe a hair roomier). Not sure if it's a function of boots vs. shoes.

Also FWIW, my 1st Aves feel right on the cusp of being too large. Also own the Rogue (same size) in black and in walnut. Walnut pair also feels very large (but not as much as the 1st ave), and black feels even larger (but again, smaller than the 1st Ave).

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I go by Ashley Sauer these days, though. For the record, lol.

I know, I know! I'm not THAT far behind the times! ;)

This is an AE thread, BUT>>>>>>>> I'd say 10.5 D and depends on where you live. I'm in Central Illinois and I get stuff from GS the day after they ship (UPS). Of course you are talking about the Blue Suede NST, right? Should ship end of THIS week as notice has been there since last week.........

Well I'm just south of you so it shan't be long. Interesting... Well it'll be faster than expected.

Yes blue suede NST. Been eyeing the AOM makeup but I just can't shell out that much cash for suede now. @Neo1 posted it the other day and it was about the most impulse buy I've ever made... :devil:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea that looks awesome although I’d be happy in a manual Porsche too. Sadly there are not many options anymore. BMW still has a few though I hear it’s on the way out too. Lexus are gone, Audi is gone (not that I’d ever buy one of these things again), Mercedes gone unless the GT is but again we are back in the vantage price range. Jaguar has it in the smaller engine for the f type but cmon I trust a jaguar’s reliability about as far as I could throw it. Infiniti nixed it in the Q60 line (could get a Nissan GT-R though and they are sweet). 370z needs an update and is impractical. WRX STI is nice unfortunately it has a reputation down here of punk kid car despite an MSRP over 40k. VW was on my list till my Audi erm... was nice as long as it was under warranty? I’ve neglected American cars... and I’ll continue to seeing as Chevy decided it was too hard to make a manual corvette. Maybe they should ask Aston Martin how they did it. Shelby I guess, not really my style but I know many love it. Mini Cooper? Little small for me. For whatever reason these fuel efficient turbo 2.0L with like 200 hp are all the rage despite no pickup. Mercedes figured out how to get 375hp out of a 2.0 (actually 382 in the new one I think). I hope by the time I get around to another car there are still some options left but I am not holding my breath.

just ticked 69k on my gti today, only issue i've had is the servo that switches the flap from recirc to fresh air went out. 10 minute change, 2 screws and an electrical connector.

GT-R is a twin-clutch only. that's how it is still the fastest car on the planet off the line, and ties cars costing upwards of 4x msrp (aventador SV) at 2.7 to 60.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Starting TOMORROW, October 24th, you'll have access to the entire holiday lineup.

The Rudolph, Jingle Bell Mok, and Santa Mok will ALL be offered for a limited time. Once our materials run out, we will be deactivating these styles.

You'll be able to order the Jingle Bell Mok and the Santa Mok via online OR store, but the Rudolph is an insider exclusive and can only be ordered through a store, made to order (so please allow at least three weeks for delivery). Don't have a store near you? Quite alright! Email or call and an associate will happily come to your holiday rescue.

Since there are some "new veterans" on board now, I figured I'd give my 2 cents as I've seen these enough in person. Others please correct me if I post anything that's incorrect.

1. The Rudolph is a 65-lasted balmoral, basically the brown (brush-off) Strandmok platform with a red-colored captoe. Danite outsole. Believe this is unlined.
2. The Jingle Bell Mok is a 65-lasted balmoral, basically a mix of the red and green Neumok 1.0 platform. Single oak. Believe this is also unlined.
3. The Santa Mok is a 65-lasted balmoral boot, basically the Cronmok in red & green. Single oak. I think these were also unlined.
4. The "brown" Neumok 1.0 and a couple of the Cronmoks used a softer, more elastic leather than the rest. The holiday collection do NOT use leather like that.
5. The green is quite a bit darker than the red on the Moks and hence creates more of a contrast, similar to a spectator pattern. The Rudolph red captoe is definitely unmistakable but in low/dim light with tan laces it could probably pass as a regular shoe. Maybe.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was your stint with Audi a long time ago or recently? Many of my co-workers have echoed your sentiments about Audi, swearing them off for the rest of their lives, saying "they're good while under warranty, etc." As the former owner of an A4 and the current owner of an S4 & A7, I feel like none of these 3 cars ever had anything too major. More stuff popped up after the 115000 mile mark but nothing really catastrophic. My replacement for the A4, my GLK, has been fine, although driving through snow with the MB vs. the Audi is like night and day, the Audi wins without a contest.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just ticked 69k on my gti today, only issue i've had is the servo that switches the flap from recirc to fresh air went out. 10 minute change, 2 screws and an electrical connector.

GT-R is a twin-clutch only. that's how it is still the fastest car on the planet off the line, and ties cars costing upwards of 4x msrp (aventador SV) at 2.7 to 60.
I just rolled over 25K miles on my GTI and have had ZERO issues, did replace the tires, but that's because the OEM tires are not that great. Nothing wrong with the car other than an odd sunroof rattle that some silicone spray on the rubber gaskets fixes for about 7K miles.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know, I know! I'm not THAT far behind the times! ;)

Well I'm just south of you so it shan't be long. Interesting... Well it'll be faster than expected.

Yes blue suede NST. Been eyeing the AOM makeup but I just can't shell out that much cash for suede now. @Neo1 posted it the other day and it was about the most impulse buy I've ever made... :devil:
I sold my Alden Blue Suede NST (not exactly the right fit) in anticipation of the GS. Mine should be shipped soon (I hope)

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep you are right. Was still thinking of it as a g35. As for the GTI, obviously mine wasn’t a GTI but it had WAY too many repairs including a partial engine rebuild for a “if impacted only” type of recall where it ate oil in less than a week. Got rid of it before 90k miles. Carmax apparently won’t even put them on the lot over 75k as they have too many problems.

Did they make the new Supra (BMW) in a manual option. I didn’t see it though I didn’t look very hard.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was your stint with Audi a long time ago or recently? Many of my co-workers have echoed your sentiments about Audi, swearing them off for the rest of their lives, saying "they're good while under warranty, etc." As the former owner of an A4 and the current owner of an S4 & A7, I feel like none of these 3 cars ever had anything too major. More stuff popped up after the 115000 mile mark but nothing really catastrophic. My replacement for the A4, my GLK, has been fine, although driving through snow with the MB vs. the Audi is like night and day, the Audi wins without a contest.
Recent. Several family and friends have encountered the same issues too. I’m happy in the awd amg. Time will tell as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads