• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the Lindell Penny Loafer?
Was it available in brown shell?
With a style number of 1586 does this equate to a 6 last?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kristen's Black Suede Caen's (on the 65 last) are quite feminine. Then again they're size 4...
I haven't gotten to see them... the 65 last sounds like a cool change though. (I know it's for size availability)

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten to see them... the 65 last sounds like a cool change though. (I know it's for size availability)
She has custom lasts (don't know if for every last type or just a few). She chose the 65 because it was curvy and sleek.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non AE...
Stubbs and Wootton...:
68A7BBD8-ED56-42B8-989D-DC93BF2441A1.jpeg

...paired with Wild Turkey 101:
79E2B1C5-7B24-426D-B7B2-04786FDDEA14.jpeg

Not a bad Tuesday.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man. I still love those slippers... curse my feet.

To be fair, they’re snug on me. Comfortable, but snug. They’re my normal 10.5D, but when I got my VV needlepoint ones, I figured the 11 should be a perfect fit- way too big. So “snug” is as close as I can get to perfect with S&W.

Mathfish

Reaction score
Audog and boot aficionados.
So I saw and bought with no prior planning a pair of black Normandy boots with a dainite sole in size 10 D. They are snug but comfortable. My Caen's are 10eee way to much room in width and vertical height. Need to use very thick insoles.
The question is the Normandy's toe. After i put them on I had to look under a shelving area. While on my hands and knees the right toe collapsed. After I removed my boots the toe was corrected. Are Normandy toes always this delicate. There was no harm to boot or leather but boot looked funky till I fixed it. Will the toes be a constant issue?

JohnPatShop

Reaction score
Audog and boot aficionados.
So I saw and bought with no prior planning a pair of black Normandy boots with a dainite sole in size 10 D. They are snug but comfortable. My Caen's are 10eee way to much room in width and vertical height. Need to use very thick insoles.
The question is the Normandy's toe. After i put them on I had to look under a shelving area. While on my hands and knees the right toe collapsed. After I removed my boots the toe was corrected. Are Normandy toes always this delicate. There was no harm to boot or leather but boot looked funky till I fixed it. Will the toes be a constant issue?
Yes. Dunno what the deal is, but the toe puff/counter in my Normandy is equally soft. Maybe they meant it to go with the ultra soft structure of the Normandy over all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads