• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can’t decide on Walton or Badlands. I will get more use on the Badlands but the Savings on the Walton. Hmmmm.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First thing I did was run thru the lasts on SB. Didn't see them. Think it's cause they are a HR model.

Besides, I figured someone would be able to reply faster than it took me to track it down.
They look like a Liverpool, and the Liverpool doesn’t show up on any filtering either because they haven’t added that last to the options. I’d call a store to confirm.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OBVIOUSLY, they're too busy cranking out Taints to make anything special. Scarf up some Walkers, they're pretty special.
Such snark! Clearly you are as disappointed as the rest of us.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spending Black Friday avoiding the crowds and taking my 2 year old daughter to the park. Higgins Mills are perfect. I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t own at least one pair of them. No excuses.

Pardon the sloppy jeans.
EDCE9FD6-78E6-415F-98E4-298073CEFE86.jpeg
00FB747F-30D5-4A49-9BA8-986963700DD6.jpeg

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spending Black Friday avoiding the crowds and taking my 2 year old daughter to the park. Higgins Mills are perfect. I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t own at least one pair of them. No excuses.

Pardon the sloppy jeans. View attachment 880259 View attachment 880262
So true. They're my "whatever whatever" shoes. Handsome, sturdy, and they don't stand out much where I live my life while not at work. They get 2x the wear of everything else it seems.

Voice of Reason

Reaction score
I recently bought by second AE sport coat.
I previously purchased a Carylsle (made by Hardwick) for $99.
I just bought a James (made by Southwick) for $197.

For MiUSA, these are steal prices. Not a huge fan of AE branded jackets (I mean, they are shoemakers not clothiers), but the fit and finish is unrivaled at these clearance prices. Surprised I don't hear more on this forum about them. I am particular about sportcoats, and both of these are really nice entries. The Carlysle is much more modern.

AE2062_Sportcoat_grey_front.jpg

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So true. They're my "whatever whatever" shoes. Handsome, sturdy, and they don't stand out much where I live my life while not at work. They get 2x the wear of everything else it seems.

I love that they’re subtle but very good looking. Despite their relatively simple design, the very first time I wore them to work, I had a patient proclaim “those are some nice shoes”. For reference, I wear much more interesting/“fancy” shoes/boots regularly to my office, and they rarely garner any comments.

Voice of Reason

Reaction score
Regarding chelseas, my suede Liverpools are the most comfortable shoes I own and versatile. highly recommend.

I have nothing against my walnut leather Liverpools, but I just don't know when to wear. They look too much like cowboy boots when you only partially see them - - not good when wearing a suit for example. And walnut is always a hard match for me. I do like the burnishing. But this is actually a purchase regret of mine.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walking around the house in the Brooks MacNeils trying to figure out if it's me or this right shoe.
20171124_104056.jpg

Still cannot identify it exactly but the right shoe is not quite grabbing my heel right. There is the slightest bit of bowing on the right shoe when standing still. I used a string to try to measure the length of the piping on each shoe, but the precision of my measuring technique probably leaves something to be desired. They were both pretty close to 21.5" with the right shoe possibly a tad longer.

More data required. Decision deferred.

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellow weasels, today is the day! Buy now, return later -- especially if you can make it to a physical store!

I nabbed a pair of the McAllister's in Bourbon for 208.25, brand new! Couple this with the Amex 50/200 offer, and I'm looking at 150$ for a pair of first-quality shoes!

.... and then I couldn't help but buy a matching belt and sample the Heinrich too.

'MERICA. HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!

View attachment 880210
Thank you @liquidjelly you saved me $50 as I had missed the Amex promo. So for $250 I got a pair of San Marco and the Georgia and Howe boots. Wow! Would’ve loved those Robson monks in pebbled leather and toe burnish but alas you can’t be too greedy.

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walking around the house in the Brooks MacNeils trying to figure out if it's me or this right shoe.
View attachment 880264
Still cannot identify it exactly but the right shoe is not quite grabbing my heel right. There is the slightest bit of bowing on the right shoe when standing still. I used a string to try to measure the length of the piping on each shoe, but the precision of my measuring technique probably leaves something to be desired. They were both pretty close to 21.5" with the right shoe possibly a tad longer.

More data required. Decision deferred.
Tried those guys too and they just didn’t fit at all. And I wanted them very badly as they looked great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads