• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I scored Georgia Street boots for Junior, and Howe for me. Waiting to hear if the San Marco is available in a larger size ( should’ve listened to @Neo1 the first time!).For $99 each its a real bargain.

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s a couple Georgia Streets in my size right now, and I feel like I should jump on them because of the price, but I’m still not really a fan of Chelsea’s- I’d be buying it strictly for the deal. Since they’re discounting the BB/RL/HR/CM stuff, I wish they would’ve dropped the price of the suede South Beach loafers in my size. They’re at CAC, but I’d risk the $25 return shipping fee to check those out.
I’ve got the Liverpool in calf and they are great. In suede, you’d rock em.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one disappointed at the lack of new models today?

Nope, me too. That was the first thing I looked at when I woke up this morning, I gu as the bourbon re-release is being considered the BF thing this year

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So far, all my favorite retailers and stock it’s have had disappointing showings this year. Maybe consumer confidence is high enough that excessive slashing isn’t necessary this year.

The only business who really impressed me enough to get in there right when the sales launched (and good thing too because in an hour everything was picked over) was Guarded Goods. I swiped a black shell wallet, 2 shell key fobs, and 4 pairs of rawhide laces. Awesome.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this was addressed, I'm about 20 pages behind.

What last is the Georgia Street on? 201?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this was addressed, I'm about 20 pages behind.

What last is the Georgia Street on? 201?
Did you try filtering by last on the Shoebank site? That’s always answered it for me (after trying different options, I can always find it.)

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Am I the only one disappointed at the lack of new models today?
Depends on what a new model means. Seems like AE is counting models like Macneil, Walton,Bellevue, and Badlands. They also brought the Slates out too early. So they don’t seem like a new model.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
92683170-81AA-443B-8621-11EEFF09296C.jpeg
Poor Sea Islands have been ignored of late. I think they deserve some coffee.

liquidjelly

Reaction score
Fellow weasels, today is the day! Buy now, return later -- especially if you can make it to a physical store!

I nabbed a pair of the McAllister's in Bourbon for 208.25, brand new! Couple this with the Amex 50/200 offer, and I'm looking at 150$ for a pair of first-quality shoes!

.... and then I couldn't help but buy a matching belt and sample the Heinrich too.

'MERICA. HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!

MVIMG_20171124_100321.jpg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on what a new model means. Seems like AE is counting models like Macneil, Walton,Bellevue, and Badlands. They also brought the Slates out too early. So they don’t seem like a new model.
They brought back a few models that we could buy last year, and a color that we could buy last year. That’s not too exciting to me. If I had wanted those, I would have already bought them. If we’re going to rehash old models, why not give us a new color or material? They did add a few models in the slate suede (but generally not in B-width). All of those things came out prior to Black Friday.

I preferred the special Black Friday make-ups that they did in the past. This year I postponed any purchases in anticipation of Black Friday models. I checked right after midnight, and again when I woke up extra-early for some shopping. Seeing nothing new, I just went back to sleep.

What would have excited me most? I would have jumped on a suede McGregor faster than a chicken on a junebug.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of MacNeils in oxblood. I am going to be returning them as I am not pleased with the color. There is a big blotch on the tongue of the shoe (2nd picture) and there also appears to be color missing on where the facing meets the tongue (1st picture). Am I being too picky or this doesn't seem right. This will be my 8th pair of AEs and I have not had this type of issue, although it is my first pair of bluchers so maybe this is how they are???

View attachment 880106 View attachment 880105
You see this in Blucher styles definitely. Final finish is applied after assembly. Getting finish at the stitched quarters is difficult. They really don’t spend too much time on the toungue as it is mostly covered and gets lace whipped. I for one, maybe I am weird, not a fan of the perfect finish. I have a Berluti that I don’t like because they sealed the finish. No matter what you do there is no patina. Ugh.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They brought back a few models that we could buy last year, and a color that we could buy last year. That’s not too exciting to me. If I had wanted those, I would have already bought them. If we’re going to rehash old models, why not give us a new color or material? They did add a few models in the slate suede (but generally not in B-width). All of those things came out prior to Black Friday.

I preferred the special Black Friday make-ups that they did in the past. This year I postponed any purchases in anticipation of Black Friday models. I checked right after midnight, and again when I woke up extra-early for some shopping. Seeing nothing new, I just went back to sleep.

What would have excited me most? I would have jumped on a suede McGregor faster than a chicken on a junebug.
My SA told me that AE took quite a backlash when they discontinued models like Bellevue and Badlands. According to sales numbers they were not worth continuing to sell. But those models would not go quietly. Some models like MacNeil should never be played with.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you try filtering by last on the Shoebank site? That’s always answered it for me (after trying different options, I can always find it.)

First thing I did was run thru the lasts on SB. Didn't see them. Think it's cause they are a HR model.

Besides, I figured someone would be able to reply faster than it took me to track it down.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OBVIOUSLY, they're too busy cranking out Taints to make anything special. Scarf up some Walkers, they're pretty special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads