• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost tempted to see if I am able to get a price adjustment on my Shreveports contingent upon my physical presence at the store. I'd make the drive for that I think.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make no mistake, I think it is a terrible policy. Maybe go to $15 for shipped returns to make people think about it (but free back for in-store), but $25 does give me pause...

lcdx22

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of MacNeils in oxblood. I am going to be returning them as I am not pleased with the color. There is a big blotch on the tongue of the shoe (2nd picture) and there also appears to be color missing on where the facing meets the tongue (1st picture). Am I being too picky or this doesn't seem right. This will be my 8th pair of AEs and I have not had this type of issue, although it is my first pair of bluchers so maybe this is how they are???

Inked20171124_000834_LI1.jpg
Inked20171124_000704_LI1.jpg

freshstyle

Reaction score
What color is slate?

It looks very close to loden that are on clearance.

gjdgjdgjd

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of MacNeils in oxblood. I am going to be returning them as I am not pleased with the color. There is a big blotch on the tongue of the shoe (2nd picture) and there also appears to be color missing on where the facing meets the tongue (1st picture). Am I being too picky or this doesn't seem right. This will be my 8th pair of AEs and I have not had this type of issue, although it is my first pair of bluchers so maybe this is how they are???

View attachment 880106 View attachment 880105

I also returned my MacNeils in oxblood for the same missing color by the tongue and side of the wing. Also had one of the wing tips loose and sewn on cock-eyed.

Last edited:

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I won’t be able to get into a store tomorrow (even though I live 4 miles from mine), so I’ll be stuck paying the $197 for the MacNeils.My store didn’t even have the chili or Oxblood in stock, so it’s a moot point
If you have a good relationship with an SA, it may be worth call and explain your situation. They may honor it over the phone or if you go in on Saturday. Whats the worse they can say? No. You're no worse off.

Last edited:

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the Cordovan belts that are on sale?

Its a good (not a super-terrific-great) deal on the belts. The wallets, meh.

I would check out Guarded Goods. They're made by a StyleForum member, @Deusis, AND they have more color options available, plus they're sized in HALF inch increments. Shell watch straps and accessories too.

They are also having a Black Friday sale, though lots of things have sold out already. But, I did pick up black 6mm flat waxed boot laces for $2!

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 880106 View attachment 880105
Depends how you like it. My guess is that it will be similar on other like pairs. Maybe touch it up with some of the tips from these pages (burnishing).

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What color is slate?

It looks very close to loden that are on clearance.
Slate is greyer than loden, but still has greenish tones. If you're looking at it as an alternative color to loden it'll work. If you're looking at it as an additional strand color to a loden pair, you may want to pass on it unless you love the color.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Its a good (not a super-terrific-great) deal on the belts. The wallets, meh.

I would check out Guarded Goods. They're made by a StyleForum member, @Deusis, AND they have more color options available, plus they're sized in HALF inch increments. Shell watch straps and accessories too.

They are also having a Black Friday sale, though lots of things have sold out already. But, I did pick up black 6mm flat waxed boot laces for $2!
Wow great deal! Yeah, I used them yesterday morning to price check AE's belts and they had the best price of the day. I've been favoring brass/gold color metal, so I went with the AE belt so i could easily swap between nickel and brass. We'll see what I think when it arrives.

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh you weasels are fast. I was late to the Georgia Street and of course it has vanished. That was a pretty hot deal.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have a good relationship with an SA, it may be worth call and explain your situation. They may honor it over the phone or if you go in on Saturday. Whats the worse they can say? No. You're no worse off.

The one I work with is on vacation all week, I checked Tuesday lol

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh you weasels are fast. I was late to the Georgia Street and of course it has vanished. That was a pretty hot deal.
There’s a couple Georgia Streets in my size right now, and I feel like I should jump on them because of the price, but I’m still not really a fan of Chelsea’s- I’d be buying it strictly for the deal. Since they’re discounting the BB/RL/HR/CM stuff, I wish they would’ve dropped the price of the suede South Beach loafers in my size. They’re at CAC, but I’d risk the $25 return shipping fee to check those out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads