• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20170725_102135.jpg

20170725_102254_LLS.jpg

Brown McGregors for Tuesday.

Shiner

Reaction score
Hard pass on these - they are beat. Wait for a better pair.
Looks like they were in the bottom of someone's closet. For $50 I would. Put shoe trees in them and lightly steam them. Looks like they will bounce back. Condition and polish.

Last edited:

TresG

Reaction score
Sea Islands for an unusually quiet Tuesday at work:

IMG_3227.JPG

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish I could find some 10.5 E Loden Dundees.....
12 D for me, and the pair they have on Shoebank has glue on it, so I'm trying an Olive suede Saukville soon

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a pair of olive suede Saukvilles on the Shoebank in my size for $97. There is also a pair of snuff suede Dundees in my size for $137.
There are only two problems:
1. I bought three pairs of suede chukkas over the winter (loden Dundee, dark chocolate Dundee, and a non-AE in a light beige). Adding either one of those pairs from the Shoebank seems somewhat redundant.
2. I'm still looking for a job. So until I land a job, my spending on new shoes is going to be extremely limited.
Hopefully I can fix that #2 problem soon so that I can worry about things like #1!

GolfGuyRV

Reaction score
So it's funny how life works, but I'm rolling with it. I was asking last week about my next pair and today I was diagnosed with a ruptured biceps suffered on Sunday. I'm taking it as a sign that I better get myself a pair of slip ons since for at least several weeks after surgery I might struggle to tie my shoes. So, I'd had trouble getting a size in the past. I'm confident I'm an 8e in Stand/McAllister/Boca Raton and 7.5 3e in Jefferson.

So, any advice for sizing on something like the Lake Forest, Brooks Presidio, Verona II? Those look like some of the dressier slip ons browsing the Shoe Bank. Any other models you can see working with dress pants while I'm recovering?

I figure a new pair (or two) will help ease some of the depression knowing my golf season is over.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a pair of olive suede Saukvilles on the Shoebank in my size for $97. There is also a pair of snuff suede Dundees in my size for $137.
1. I bought three pairs of suede chukkas over the winter (loden Dundee, dark chocolate Dundee, and a non-AE in a light beige). Adding either one of those pairs from the Shoebank seems somewhat redundant.
2. I'm still looking for a job. So until I land a job, my spending on new shoes is going to be extremely limited.
Hopefully I can fix that #2 problem soon so that I can worry about things like #1!
Considering #2, and my general -meh- with the Saukville, I'd personally hold off.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Think AE will be rolling out some more suede options this fall? I'm not interested in the crepe soled D width only Italian "value" shoes, and I've already got the chocolate Liverpool and snuff/brown Strand.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Considering #2, and my general -meh- with the Saukville, I'd personally hold off.

Last winter I felt the Saukville was rather meh as well. Most likely because of the sole and the impression that it was a lesser-quality short run model. For under a hundy (or $120 for firsts) though... I've been having conversations with myself about picking it up, wearing the hell out of it and then resoling it sooner rather than later. I am not too crazy about the Loden version, so I'd probably be scooping one of the browns.

Like I need more boots or something...

Shiner

Reaction score
So it's funny how life works, but I'm rolling with it. I was asking last week about my next pair and today I was diagnosed with a ruptured biceps suffered on Sunday. I'm taking it as a sign that I better get myself a pair of slip ons since for at least several weeks after surgery I might struggle to tie my shoes. So, I'd had trouble getting a size in the past. I'm confident I'm an 8e in Stand/McAllister/Boca Raton and 7.5 3e in Jefferson.

So, any advice for sizing on something like the Lake Forest, Brooks Presidio, Verona II? Those look like some of the dressier slip ons browsing the Shoe Bank. Any other models you can see working with dress pants while I'm recovering?

I figure a new pair (or two) will help ease some of the depression knowing my golf season is over.
Randolph if you like a lower vamp design. The last is a bit fuller though.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had an unlimited slush fund and zero shame, I'd be shagging both a pair of Snuff Dundees and a pair of the JA Snuff Norwiches just to have a full work week supply of snuff suede.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't help myself...

Screenshot_20170725-142550-01.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads