1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

I don't think I could ever see myself wearing the Walton, Ashton, ORD, or Voyager.

1 person likes this.
  2. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

By far, the ORD is my least favorite shoe made by AE.

1 person likes this.
  3. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Senior member

I am going with the Rogue. The Rush Street is just ok. Now if I could find it in blue that is another story. :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  4. TexasTexter

I love that Chili and Blue Suede boot! Very cool looking, of course I love blue. ;)

5. TexasTexter

I agree that Voyager is very odd looking.

And just so we aren't negative, What us your favorite Allen Edmonds shoe?

6. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

No more Rogues in my size. Oh well. I'll jst wait patiently until another good deal pops up for a casual cap toe.

7. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

They made a blue Rush Street. I went with the olive green, which I like a lot.

8. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Odd-looking sure. But super comfortable and more than up to heavy playground and neighborhood duty with the kids.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

Favorite? That's an easy one [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

They actually don't look anywhere near to as bad as I had imagined!

11. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

I use the AE bourbon cream polish and it seems to work well for me. There is a small amour of abrasion on the heel counter, but I'll attack it with leather lotion and polish tomorrow and see what happens.

12. BillyMcGee

BillyMcGee Well-Known Member

Deal alert! Not sure if this has been posted already, but 6pm.com has the rarely discounted Dark Chili Rogue in limited sizes for $157.99. This site has been known to change prices very frequently, so don't hesitate if you've been looking at grabbing a chili Rogue.

13. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

Easily the Rutledge:[​IMG]

Time will tell if brown shell strands can overtake ...

1 person likes this.
  14. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I was actually relieved they didn't have 11.5D... ;)

15. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Ouch.

I guess you really don't like the big split toe. But you don't mind the Clark Street?

ORD is one of those shoes I don't know how they continue to make as I don't know anyone who buys them (except for smfdoc).

16. LeeMerrill

LeeMerrill Active Member

Perhaps my most filthy barn weasel move to date:
    Was not prepared for the potential after work rain storm and did not want to get my chili mcgregors wet especially on only my 4th wear:

[​IMG]

Go to the State Street Nordstrom rack around the corner from my office to buy casual shoes for the storm. Buy acorn hill fire neumoks for $97 after tax. Rain only happens in the suburbs make it home with the mcgregors unrained on and the new acorn hill fires not devirginized in a maelstrom.

New neumoks at home:

[​IMG]

Sigh, I guess I needed my 5th pair of Allen Edmonds in 5 weeks. An unlined casual wingtip that I could wear without socks and out to bars seems like a good shoe to own.

4 people like this.
  17. mingus2112

mingus2112 Senior member

I shot an email to the guy I normally deal with. Hopefully he'll be able to do something for me. I was very honest with him and wasn't looking for a handout. I'll certainly apply whatever deal he can make me towards another pair of shoes. If I can get them reduced to even $75, i'd keep them for foul weather. Maybe they'll age well. If he can't do anything, i'll just exchange them for another pair anyway. I was in the outlet store near me trying on some Maritimes (man - i just couldn't find a pair that fit me!) and showed the guy there the pictures. He was even shocked at the one shoe.

On another note - were any of you guys the seller of the shell Leeds I bought on ebay today? Got a really decent deal as the one shoe has some more severe than usual ripple in the creasing. I think they'll be really nice.

-J

18. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Well-Known Member

I've given in to tongue pads. My 10.5 B shoes feet great length-wise, but the instep on the 511 and 97 feels slightly loose. (The 65 with its low instep is perfect the way it is.) The 97 and 511 are good with tongue pads. The newer lasts with the higher insteps are hopeless for my skinny feet.

1 person likes this.
  19. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

For fans of A-E shoes in the wild and/or A-E Voyagers, showing how I roll wearing once blue now faded to grey Allen-Edmonds Voyagers.....

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  20. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Well-Known Member

I've wondered why you were so natty. Now I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.