Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Thanks for the split toe synthesis! This style is definitely not my favorite, but when done correctly...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. andiandi

andiandi Well-Known Member

Just bought ne AE Leeds in burgundy Shell Cordovan. Really like that shoe, but somehow I feel like the lacing is somewhat crooked on the one shoe... Does anyone feel the Same way?
    [​IMG]

3. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I'm not sure but the only place I've ever seen them sold is Nordstrom Rack (I don't recall them on AE site but it could have been before me). Someone had stated that AE seems to make shoes exclusively for the rack but I don't know if that is true.

4. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

I know what you mean. I have 2 pair of Leeds and they both do that. It's normal in my experience. I noticed that too when I bought them, but you can adjust the tongue and laces a bit to make it more straight. It's not really a big deal to me.

5. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Happy Friday, Gents! Slim faded denim and Addisons today. (Man these things are a mess... serious need of cleaning, heavy creases in one shoe and not the other, probably the worst heel slip of all my AEs. Maybe time to ship out? At the same time, they are decent beaters and the dianite has settled nicely.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Question for the FBWs - Can anyone help me identify this shoe?

Do you know of other navy, possibly CXL shoes? I have been on the hunt for a unique blue/navy casual shoes... Had my eye on some older blue Strandmoks, but nothing has jumped out at me yet.
    [​IMG]

7. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

With return labels they keep track by doing FedEx for Shoebank and UPS for CAC. I know I've seen UPS for shipments through both Shoebank and when ordering through the Allen Edmonds website. I'm not aware of any type of consistency with how they ship.

8. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

I really like the Madison Ave. However, the last doesn't work for me. The Cliftons are a solid model. I thought that the Clifton is a Nordies only model, but i could be wrong.

9. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

The Madison Avenue in brown was one of my first pairs of Allen Edmonds, and is still my go-to shoe on days I wear brown suits. I bought my new on eBay, with leather soles, for $150 or so. They used to be available at mainline Allen Edmonds stores, but (at least when I started shopping at Allen Edmonds) they only had Dainite soles.

10. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

I may be putting my head into the lion's mouth here, but:

Option one: Doc Martens pebble grain chukkas ($55 at Nordatrom Rack) plus burgundy Nathans or some other close out in the $150 range,

OR

Option Two: brown country grain Dundees

Obviously, the Dundees are higher quality than the Doc Martens, but are they good enough to allow me to check the proverbial box and put the savings elsewhere?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016

11. supplychainman

supplychainman Senior member

Both? [​IMG]

12. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Gotta work on your delivery - the following would have been better:
    "You wasted a horse for that? (pun intended)"

I'm sure you'll do better next time, you wascally Wilbert wearing weasel.

13. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

I have brown country grain MacNeils and if the Dundees are half as pretty, you'd have yourself a killer shoe. I haven't seen dundee country grain in the real world but I'm on record saying it would be a great combination.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016

14. Southwick

Southwick Senior member

What do you clean them without? I have a pair of Lake Shore Drives that are in serious need of attention. Also, I have the same problem...creases on one shoe and not on the other. But I love that Dainite sole, too. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. gm928

gm928 Senior member

Burgundy Macneils.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.