1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

That's the "dusty" blue distressed leather that was used in Cronmoks, voyager, banchory, etc. not CXL, I'm afraid.

2. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

Thanks @peppercorn78. So is this the same as the navy strandmok too?

3. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Senior Member

I see the lighting difference. But more importantly...those look great. I'm tempted to order a pair....

4. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

I think so, but I'm not really an AE expert so I'm not certain. :(

But I have handled the above mentioned shoes and they look exactly like that PTB you posted. :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016

5. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Senior Member

Tried on some brown strandmoks at a local store. Really liked them in person. For those of you with the brown strandmoks, how much does the leather stretch upon wear in? I feel like I am slightly between the sizes of 9.5D and 10D I tried on.

6. Newberry

Newberry Senior Member

No I meant the Madison Avenue. It's a cap toe blucher similar to the Clifton
    [​IMG]

7. RMB35

RMB35 Senior Member

I went to the Brookfield tent sale. They had briefcases, dress shirts, sport coats, ties and RL, CM, BB and the Joseph Banks labeled shoes available.

8. Newberry

Newberry Senior Member

I've tried that Madison Ave on before at Nordstrom Rack and one thing I didn't like about it is that it creases in front of the cap toes and makes the shoe look unattractive to me. The shoe was a perfect fit so I know sizing was not an issue. I have about 4 or 5 cap toe shoes/boots and none of them crease passed the cap toe.

9. cc808314

cc808314 Senior Member

Did anyone here order a merlot Park Ave or Strand? What are your thoughts on the quality of the leather used?

10. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

I did, and today was a giant step for me. I received my first cap toe shoe (!). I'm finally stretching out to other styles other than the split-toe.

What's really weird is that going up 1/2 size works pretty well for me with the Park Ave. There's no heel slip and the width feels perfect. I measured it against my Clark Street shoes, and the Park Ave is actually shorter than the 8 D Clark. So an 8.5 D Park Ave is shorter than an 8 D Clark Street. Interesting. Based on what I've read on this forum, the 8.5 D should not work for me since my usual size is 8 D, yet this shoe looks pretty good and feels good. The V gap is better than what the 8 D Carlyle looked like when I bought it. Now I'm questioning if I should go with 8.5 D in all these lace-up styles with the V. My Carlyle feels great -- not too tight, but the V gap was pretty big when I first bought it. Oh well, who cares, I have a really nice Park Ave now that I get to wear on Monday. :)

[​IMG]

11. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

I bought mine off ebay, so I can't speak to how they fit prior to break in. Mine fit just like my other 65 lasted shoes. Beware that the brown color will come off if you scuff them or just wear them enough. I love mine though, probably my most complimented shoe.

12. Newberry

Newberry Senior Member

That merlot color looks amazing! I wonder if there's really any huge difference between merlot and oxblood...

13. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

The Clark Street is on the 108, which in my experience has a slightly longer toe box and fits maybe 1/4 size longer than the 5 last.

14. Oinkedmoo

Oinkedmoo Well-Known Member

The brown Strandmoks will stretch a bit given their unlined construction. I think mine broke in after only 3 or 4 wears.

They were my first dainite shoes, and even with the poron insole, they were a lot more stiff than any of my leather soled shoes.

Edit: The unlined leather will mold to your foot and become really comfortable. My left pinky toe likes to stick out, and the leather went right with it.

[​IMG]

15. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

I got a Strand. Here my post on them: post #6280. Just shy of 1000 post ago. Wow!

Leather quality is excellent, at least on mine. But I had ordered mine a couple of days BEFORE the sale was announced. To the best of my knowledge Merlot wasn't listed as an option for the Strand on the AE website when I ordered mine.

Why do you ask?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.