• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking 15. Can we add this to the list of how to know you're an addict? *Doesn't know how many pairs of shoes he/she buys*
Geebus.

Then I think about how many I've bought in the last calendar year.... hahahah

Last year at the Nordy Anniversary sale I got my walnut Strands and it was on from there. I'm probably about the same.... ops.

eagleman

Reaction score

I'm thinking 15. Can we add this to the list of how to know you're an addict? *Doesn't know how many pairs of shoes he/she buys*

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I'll take the bait:

2013: black Cliftons, merlot Chesters (thrift shop), Johnston & Murpjy cap-toes
2014: brown Sixth Avenues, chili Daltons, brown McGraws
2015: brown suede Fifth Avenues, brown MacNeils
2016: bought: brown grain Dundees, on order/trying on: oxblood Strands, burgundy or tan penny loafer (Patriot, Kenwood, or possibly Rancourt)

Last edited:

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll take the bait:

2016: bought: brown grain Dundees, oxblood Strands, burgundy loafer TBD

Can we add this to the list of how to know you're an addict? *Knows EXACTLY how many pairs of shoes he/she buys*

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of brand new AE golf shoes from the bay for $60... haha.

Do you golf?? I feel like an outsider in this thread. Golf is my ultimate addiction (sorry shoes, it's true.) There's a pair of walnut strand golf shoes on the bank that I have to hurry and skip past every time I look at that site.

Haha I was waiting for this to appear :)

I'll take the bait:

2016: bought: brown grain Dundees, on order/trying on: oxblood Strands, burgundy or tan penny loafer (Patriot, Kenwood, or possibly Rancourt)
The fact that you can do that speaks wonders. I'd have to answer from my closet to make sure I didn't miss a pair haha

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you golf?? I feel like an outsider in this thread. Golf is my ultimate addiction (sorry shoes, it's true.) There's a pair of walnut strand golf shoes on the bank that I have to hurry and skip past every time I look at that site.
I do, but suck. My old golf shoes kicked the bucket during a golf tournament a few weeks ago. I justified it as there is no way I'd find a pair of regular golf shoes for cheaper than those.

whodey14

Reaction score

Considering I purchased my first pair of allen edmonds shoes less than 365 days ago I know I have a problem. Not a bad problem to have though. With my rotation and the recraft option I should have a lifetime of shoes. Not to mention the ever growing part of it.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...and the same ebay seller had a pair of medium used Cavanaughs that I added onto the shipping for $40. Do you guys get them in your 5 last size? I'm probably between an 11.5 and 12 on the 5. Got them in a 12 and same width as my 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics