1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flaminiom

flaminiom Active Member

Oh man. My Strands shipped today. I was wanting that 4 week build time before another AE box showed up. Lol.

2. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Add me to that list. It hasn't even been a whole year since my first AE and I'm running out of room. No lie, I was googling shoe racks earlier today.

3. whodey14

whodey14 Senior Member

Which strands are you referencing? Navy?

So was I, my entire closet is full of dress shoes and only ae. I need a storage system for my non ae dress shoes as well as all my athletic shoes. Unfortunately the nice racks can be pricy. I may dig up an old metal rack I had years back.

4. ace13x

You know they made the Redan as a street shoe. Just saying...

[​IMG]

5. flaminiom

flaminiom Active Member

Oxblood. Ordered over he weekend.

6. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

I got that at the wedding I was in last weekend and I replied with "do you even walnut bro?"

7. ace13x

A few more logs for the fire. Nordstromrack.com has a whole new batch of Mojave 2.0's Brown, Bone, Olive, Snuff, and Navy. D and EEE widths only.

The 2.0's have a Butyl Leather sole, not crepe. I believe they were a web gem last year.

8. ace13x

@SLCRich How did you not snag this domain!?!?!?!?

9. columnsofsteam

columnsofsteam Active Member

[​IMG]

These are quite possibly the best deal I've ever gotten on a pair of shoes, AE or not. Burgundy shell Cornwallis that apparently never made it into production, but a couple pairs were scattered around and priced at $239, for some reason.

This marks my third pair of burgundy shell shoes in the past three months, so I think I officially have a problem.

10. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

I know this is AE but I've been in an Oak Street Bootmakers kick to supplement my AE fixation. Just grabbed a pair of navy CXL loafers and chocolate calf short wings, and contemplating snagging a pair of their new cognac caf beefroll loafers.

Got the navy loafers on big sale at Nordstrom and the wingtips for 10% off on OSB's Memorial Day sale.....for whatever reason, I don't have the same major aversion to paying retail (or close to it) for them like I do AE. Probably because OSB almost never goes on sale and when they do, it's maybe 10% (except for the occasional third party sale). Not that I'd ever wish it to happen, but if AE kept their prices static in a similar fashion I'm not so sure they wouldn't still do well.

Then again, people love to feel like they're getting a big deal. Look at the JC Penney fiasco a few years ago.

11. Moose22

Moose22 Senior Member

I'm sorry, we can't be friends. I'm too riddled with envy.

I swear, I NEVER see inexpensive shell anymore. My local BCF never has Allen Edmonds. I'm really beginning to think I'm bad luck, not that all you people are super lucky.

Those work really well in shell. The way shell creases -- or doesn't crease, I guess you'd say -- is great for wholecuts or anything without a toe cap. At least to my tastes.

12. Moose22

Moose22 Senior Member

I like the leather making videos. shoemaking in general is fascinating to watch, too.

13. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

There's a pair of new walnut leeds 2.0's on ebay for a good price. So tempting.

14. Moose22

Moose22 Senior Member

They're $100 more now than they were at the end of 2015. Those leeds were all over the shoebank for four hundred something and now they're $529.

I swear, between missing the GMTO era and the era of the cheap shell, I feel like a late comer here.

15. eagleman

eagleman Senior Member

I wasn't going to slap him. He's a big ole boy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.