• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzzzzz

Reaction score
What's you gents' experience on Dundee? I've found the last fits me quite well except the leather on the sides keeps rubbing my ankle bones and causes me blister... I think it's the stiffness of the leather, because my suede Peal&Co chukka doesn't have this issue at all. Will this get better with time after the leather soften a bit?

OmBom

Reaction score
This is bicycle toe stitching...

Here's AE's only bicycle toe shoe offering at the moment...

You see nothing but bad things about it because it's ugly as all hell. I don't even believe that's a subjective opinion. Very, very few people find them aesthetically pleasing.

"Voyager" is another current AE bicycle toe shoe.

whodey14

Reaction score

You seem to have the connections to knowing what awesome news is about to happen.  Please let me know if you hear any news about blue Carlyle's, Leeds or Lasalle's.   I imagine the blue Strands will be a big hit.  

Do you think it would be possible to get a dainite bottom? I really want them but would greatly prefer dainite.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think it would be possible to get a dainite bottom? I really want them but would greatly prefer dainite.

I'm not certain, but since they are going to bring back their MTO option, I'm assuming that includes soles. I'm with you on this -- I plan on having Dainite's added to all my rubber-soled shoes to replace the soft Othello. My Clark Street shoes have much better support than my Wilberts.

Last edited:

whodey14

Reaction score

I'm not certain, but if they are going to bring back their MTO option, I'm assuming that means soles.  I'm with you on this -- I plan on having Dainite's added to all my rubber-soled shoes to replace the soft Othello.  My Clark Street shoes have much better support than my Wilberts. 

I work on concrete it's just so hard on the leather bottoms. If I recraft any under my current position I would switch to dainite.

I'm really digging the blue though

whodey14

Reaction score

Dinner date shoe switch

Cornwallis in brown

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's you gents' experience on Dundee? I've found the last fits me quite well except the leather on the sides keeps rubbing my ankle bones and causes me blister... I think it's the stiffness of the leather, because my suede Peal&Co chukka doesn't have this issue at all. Will this get better with time after the leather soften a bit?

Are the Dundee's suede like the Peal's? I found the suede Dundee's quite supple.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you go

Not sure from the picture above, but it looks like black edging on the Strand. Is it me or does anyone think they'd look better with Brown? I'm thinking like @peppercorn78 's navy shell LWB's.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If they are like the other Strands, then yes. You'll just have to check off the "Custom Sole" box on the AE website and cough up an extra $40.

whodey14

Reaction score

If they are like the other Strands, then yes.  You'll just have to check off the "Custom Sole" box on the AE website and cough up an extra $40.

That was my thought. Didn't know if a limited edition would differ. Checked the site but nothing yet. I need them haha.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I remember some time ago there was some talk about shoe laces on the board, but I haven't bookmarked it and can't to seem to find it. Doing a little search, I came across these two sellers.
http://www.shoelacesexpress.com/buythedozen.asp
http://www.amazon.com/Womens-DailyS...=1463889726&sr=8-11&keywords=color+shoe+laces

Have any of you bought from these sellers? Are there others that you would recommend? I am looking for variety of round and flat laces for shoes and boots.

Thanks!

That Amazon seller has a 4.8 out of 5 rating from over 9,000 ratings. That's very good. And even if something bad happened, you'd only be out $10 or so. Thanks for posting this -- I might order some of these if I can find something useful.

Although the Strand isn't really my cup of tea, I think it's such an interesting idea to sell them in blue. If they don't release a blue plain-toe or split toe, I might consider them if the 65 last would work for me (I'm very doubtful it would work with my high instep).

whodey14

Reaction score
So the navy showed up, I'm getting them regardless but as feared there isn't a sole option. Is there any chance waiting until Monday and calling will change that?

HoldenMI

Reaction score
Sale prices are live on AE. Tempting....

I'm not sure about midnight navy with a suit....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads