• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I think the Cornwallis will be fine if I only wore them to work which is business casual 95% of the time and suit/tie 5% of the time. I'm hesitant though because I feel like they wouldn't be good with "going out" attire.

Another option I was looking at was black Chelseas. I already have a black captoe shoe that is "good enough" for work and a pair of formal looking loafers that I alternate.

Maybe the chelseas will be of better use for what I'm looking for in a shoe.

Personally I think chelseas are hideous and should not exist. But I am probably in the minority there.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey Warwick owners, I have a fit question. My high instep and wide feet usually need 511 or 678 last with a blucher lace. Any thoughts on how a Warwick would work?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazon has plenty of navy belts for every taste.....

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
As far as Navy loafers go, what are your thoughts on the Cavanaugh (now on clearance for $157) vs. the Sea Island? Is the main difference that one is unlined and the other is lined?

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Warwick owners, I have a fit question. My high instep and wide feet usually need 511 or 678 last with a blucher lace. Any thoughts on how a Warwick would work?

I'm a wide-ish D and have a high instep (not sure how to measure that, but...) and the Warwick in 11.5D wouldn't work for me - too tight across what would be the lacing area and had a strange wrinkle there on both feet as result. A 12 solved that problem, but introduced unacceptable heel gap/slip. I was trying to buy the Brooks Dark Chili model. An "E" might have solved that, but not available in Brooks sizes and not If I liked Walnut more I'd be tempted to try these in an E in those... (not a fan of black or oxblood).

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As far as Navy loafers go, what are your thoughts on the Cavanaugh (now on clearance for $157) vs. the Sea Island?  Is the main difference that one is unlined and the other is lined?
Cavanaugh is made in USA, Sea Island is made in DR from better suede.

Edit: also; Cavanaugh is pinch penny, Sea Island is beefroll.

Last edited:

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bitter Chocolate Players

Yesterday - Fifth Streets newly relaced with flat laces
No idea why the jeans look so broad, must have been mid-step.

Last edited:

FinanceIS

Reaction score
Wishing McCallisters were included in this sale :/

A little repetitious, but would you all deem a pair of brown Cornwallis as too formal for a 22 year old in a business casual office?

I concur they are too formal for jeans and going out..

Also see McCallisters are on sale on amazon for $299 in my size. Or I could take a risk with Meermin loafers..

Choices... Will a connoisseur guide my selection considering i'm 22 in a business casual environment please?

Thanks!

FinanceIS

Reaction score
I recently purchased the blue suede cavanaugh, personally find them much sleeker and more attractive. My pair had a couple very very minor flaws but for the price I have 0 complaints.

If the blue was the slightest touch lighter I would enjoy them more, they can come across as very dark in the dim lighting in my opinion.

If I were you I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on the C's.

Let me know if you want pictures

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, I'm an idiot and I asked the right question about the wrong monkstrap shoe. So let me start over.

"Hey Warwick Norwich owners, I have a fit question. My high instep and wide feet usually need 511 or 678 last with a blucher lace. Any thoughts on how a Warwick Norwich would work?

Thanks for the forbearance and answer.

Last edited:

tmchow

Reaction score
I'm in for the walnut strand. Perfect timing as I've been on the hunt for a pair at a deal and my shoe addiction needed feeding. Also the latest Amex Offer for $50 off $250 makes this a steal.

My brannock size is an 8.5D but I ordered two pairs: 8.5D and 8.5E. Recently I've found my feet swell quite a bit especially if I have to walk a lot or after a meal which makes my 65 last shoes in D width feel too tight.

Thinking if I upside the width to an E it will solve my problems even though it will feel wide at first. Anyone else upsizing width to account for feet swelling over the course of a day/evening?

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK, I'm an idiot and I asked the right question about the wrong monkstrap shoe. So let me start over.

"Hey Warwick Norwich owners, I have a fit question. My high instep and wide feet usually need 511 or 678 last with a blucher lace. Any thoughts on how a Warwick Norwich would work?

Thanks for the forbearance and answer.

Norwich is on the 2 last, which has a low vamp and very narrow toebox. I would try it on in person before gambling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads