1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Yes. though it could also be that while he may be speaking to the right person at BB, they are not speaking to the right person at AE. This is the problem with the "shoeaucracy." Its literally like the telephone game. Or like that episode of M*A*S*H were Hawkeye was tired of the lousy food, and wanted ribs from Adams Rib's.

2. CMT1

CMT1 Senior Member

The Silver Sands outlet mall where the Destin store is located offers a 20% coupon off any purchase in any store in their location, but AE will understandably balk at trying to use this on stuff like first quality shell shoes, etc.

3. ace13x

Wouldn't that 20% discount be paid for by the mall and not AE?

4. CMT1

CMT1 Senior Member

No clue - I know I don't pay it, which is what matters. :slayer:

5. ace13x

My understanding is that in addition to rent, malls collect a percentage of sales from their tenants. If the mall is offering the coupon, its to increase traffic to the mall in hopes of increasing overall sales. Like when Walmart sells a DVD player for a small loss because they know (on average) they will more than make it up on other stuff people buy when they go for that DVD player.

If this is the case its not costing AE anything. They sell you say a Shell Dalton, then they get that 20% back from the mall.

And yes, [​IMG].

Last edited: May 21, 2016

6. CMT1

CMT1 Senior Member

Makes sense. I'd think the mall would have a cost cap of some sort so that people couldn't start running up a huge AE shell discount bill on them, but then again the number of people inclined to take advantage of it would seem low. Who knows.

7. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Distinguished Member

Could it be that when Paul said "leather change," he only meant color?

If not, I'd be interested in a MacNeil with Dublin for an extra $40. And Dainite. Basically a LWB McTavish

8. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior Member

Destin dude for the win!!! Tom, Paul, and John have always been really helpful.

9. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior Member

I think it'd be $125 on top of the $395 base price for the MacNeils if it turns out you can change the leather to Dublin.

10. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Distinguished Member

You may be right but I thought someone had posted certain changes were $40 each. I know last year I changed the sole for my Heritage and that was only $40.

If would be helpful if the information was on their site and "official."

11. Shazb0t

Shazb0t Member

I've been wearing Strands in 8.5E. They're a little on the loose side so I've been trying on some different length/width combos before I pick up some Park Aves, also on the 65 last. I've tried:

8E slightly too tight on forefoot
    8EEE little loose all around
    8.5D too tight on forefoot

The store didn't have any 8EE for me to try. How similar do you guys think an 8EE would be to my current 8.5E Strands?

12. Gabru

Gabru Senior Member

Agree with this. If in fact AE allows changes , it should be on the website with the price for each change.
    I'd love to get their Dundee in natural chrome cel and dainite sole

13. ace13x

If your not that far off, You could try a couple more 8E's or 8.5D's at the risk of annoying the SA. What I mean is you could try on 3 pairs of PA's in the same size and find that one fits better than the others. It happens on occasion. From what you discribed, I think going to 8EE is going to feel loose after break-in.

14. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior Member

I just pulled the trigger on my first pair of shell cordovan shoes -- $297 Kenwoods. It was them or brown calf Patriots + pebble grain Dundees. Will post photos once they arrive.

15. whodey14

whodey14 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Leeds, brown country grain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.