Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Try to get information on any bourbons you order. After talking to a few sales reps about stands and some carlyles in my size there were only 1-2 remaining and they seem to just keep getting returned. SA tell me that there is striping but otherwise ok. If you feel comfortable with trying to fix or like the striping go for it. For me unless both shoes have striping I have to pass.

2. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

Quick question, I saw some AMEX offers suggested. What is that exactly? I would love to take advantage of that if possible. Also does that work at outlets/shoe bank?

3. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Its Merlot (#8) Monday!

[​IMG]

4. HelpMyStyle

HelpMyStyle Member

Good advice! The McGregors are also available in Brown so perhaps that might be better. It's hard to determine a true color from the AE site, but the brown looks extremely dark. I was in the Charleston, SC store last week and they measured me to a 14B. I tried on Strands in 13E which fit okay and a slip on (don't remember the style) in 14B that fit very well. I have a narrow foot with a high instep. Basing off the salespersons advice, I have my fingers crossed the 65 last in a 14b will work for me. I sincerely appreciate the feedback!

5. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

My SA measured me at a 9.5B and the 65 fits perfectly in that size. Neumok (ordered saturday), McAllister (from ebay), and 5th Ave (due to be delivered today) all fit perfectly in 9.5B. Unless you're dimensioned really strangely you should be good to go. :)

6. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I measure a 12 B on the brannock and take a 12B on the 65 in both an oxford and blucher. After a quick ebay search, if you wanted a black cap toe, there is a brand new Rutledge on there for a great price.

7. gjdgjdgjd

gjdgjdgjd Active Member

8. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

Very touch and go, I have had minimal luck trying to look.

9. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

One other question, I saw Sheltons being posted a week ago and would really love a pair. Anywhere to still get them? 11.5-12.5 depending on width I could make work.

10. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Shoe bank?

There's an Alden equivalent, shell cordovan, on the bay for a great price in a 12 B. Not a new shoe though.

11. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

It's interesting that he'll be in the Walnut Creek CA store on Tuesday, Bellevue WA on Wednesday, and back in the Bay Area at the SF store on Friday. I wonder what the reasoning is behind that itinerary.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  12. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

I looked there but none remain. 12 B would be unfortunately too small. A C width is the smallest I could even consider.

13. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Hoes in different area codes?

Cordovan and corduroy! Doing the tweedy prof look today.
    [​IMG]

14. HelpMyStyle

HelpMyStyle Member

Wow, I called regarding the bourbon McGregor and the associate pulled took time to pull the shoe and inspect for me. That is what I call outstanding customer service! @M2511 is correct, one of the shoes has some striping and the other does not. I will either go for the brown or grab the Rutledge off ebay which looks like a great deal. I needed something in the brown family but Black is always useful :)

15. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Just go to the amex website and log into your credit card account. At the bottom of the first page, there will be an "Amex Offers and Benefits" list. Click the "Load More" button at the bottom if you don't see the AE offer in the initial list you are shown. Not 100% sure if it works at outlets, but what does work for sure is buying a gift card from the main AE website, and then using that gift card at a shoebank outlet.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.