• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodey14

Reaction score
Quick question, I saw some AMEX offers suggested. What is that exactly? I would love to take advantage of that if possible. Also does that work at outlets/shoe bank?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Its Merlot (#8) Monday!

HelpMyStyle

Reaction score
Good advice! The McGregors are also available in Brown so perhaps that might be better. It's hard to determine a true color from the AE site, but the brown looks extremely dark. I was in the Charleston, SC store last week and they measured me to a 14B. I tried on Strands in 13E which fit okay and a slip on (don't remember the style) in 14B that fit very well. I have a narrow foot with a high instep. Basing off the salespersons advice, I have my fingers crossed the 65 last in a 14b will work for me. I sincerely appreciate the feedback!

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good advice! The McGregors are also available in Brown so perhaps that might be better. It's hard to determine a true color from the AE site, but the brown looks extremely dark. I was in the Charleston, SC store last week and they measured me to a 14B. I tried on Strands in 13E which fit okay and a slip on (don't remember the style) in 14B that fit very well. I have a narrow foot with a high instep. Basing off the salespersons advice, I have my fingers crossed the 65 last in a 14b will work for me. I sincerely appreciate the feedback!

My SA measured me at a 9.5B and the 65 fits perfectly in that size. Neumok (ordered saturday), McAllister (from ebay), and 5th Ave (due to be delivered today) all fit perfectly in 9.5B. Unless you're dimensioned really strangely you should be good to go. :)

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I measure a 12 B on the brannock and take a 12B on the 65 in both an oxford and blucher. After a quick ebay search, if you wanted a black cap toe, there is a brand new Rutledge on there for a great price.

whodey14

Reaction score

whodey14

Reaction score
One other question, I saw Sheltons being posted a week ago and would really love a pair. Anywhere to still get them? 11.5-12.5 depending on width I could make work.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One other question, I saw Sheltons being posted a week ago and would really love a pair. Anywhere to still get them? 11.5-12.5 depending on width I could make work.
Shoe bank?

There's an Alden equivalent, shell cordovan, on the bay for a great price in a 12 B. Not a new shoe though.

FaRKle

Reaction score
So PaulG is coming to Bellevue Square Mall on Wednesday. Any AE SF bro's want to meet up and meet the man himself? I'll be wearing some shell MTO's...

It's interesting that he'll be in the Walnut Creek CA store on Tuesday, Bellevue WA on Wednesday, and back in the Bay Area at the SF store on Friday. I wonder what the reasoning is behind that itinerary.

Last edited:

whodey14

Reaction score
Shoe bank?

There's an Alden equivalent, shell cordovan, on the bay for a great price in a 12 B. Not a new shoe though.
I looked there but none remain. 12 B would be unfortunately too small. A C width is the smallest I could even consider.

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's interesting that he'll be in the Walnut Creek CA store on Tuesday, Bellevue WA on Wednesday, and back in the Bay Area at the SF store on Friday. I wonder what the reasoning is behind that itinerary. 
Hoes in different area codes?

Cordovan and corduroy! Doing the tweedy prof look today.

HelpMyStyle

Reaction score
Wow, I called regarding the bourbon McGregor and the associate pulled took time to pull the shoe and inspect for me. That is what I call outstanding customer service! @M2511 is correct, one of the shoes has some striping and the other does not. I will either go for the brown or grab the Rutledge off ebay which looks like a great deal. I needed something in the brown family but Black is always useful :)

RichieP

Reaction score
Quick question, I saw some AMEX offers suggested. What is that exactly? I would love to take advantage of that if possible. Also does that work at outlets/shoe bank?

Just go to the amex website and log into your credit card account. At the bottom of the first page, there will be an "Amex Offers and Benefits" list. Click the "Load More" button at the bottom if you don't see the AE offer in the initial list you are shown. Not 100% sure if it works at outlets, but what does work for sure is buying a gift card from the main AE website, and then using that gift card at a shoebank outlet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads